Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've finally moved, lock, stock & looney mutt into our new gaff!:clap2:
Because the new place is only about 100mts around the corner from our rental place this was the first move I've ever done with a wheelbarrow:D
I've spent the last week in paint spattered overalls painting anything that didn't move (I'm thinking of going to hospital to get a paint brush grafted onto my hand;)) and there's still a million & one jobs to do.
The former owner was obviously not a practical man and some of his bodge jobs are quite spectacular (especially the electrics:eek:) so it looks like I'll have to graft for quite a while yet which is a bit of a shock 'cos I'm not used to all this "work" stuff anymore:D

It must be about a year since I first came on this forum to ask your advice so I'd just like to thank all you good people on here (yes, even XTreme;)) for the help you've given us.:yo:

Doggy
p.s. Our new abode is going to be called "Casa de Los Perros Locos" ...........Cool huh?:cool:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I'm so glad that you're happy and settled - and I'm jealous of your house! I've seen the photos on FB and its amazing!!!!!

Well done you!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so glad that you're happy and settled - and I'm jealous of your house! I've seen the photos on FB and its amazing!!!!!

Well done you!

Jo xxx
Ta.
The pics don't show up the dodgy bits but we'll get them sorted .....eventually;)

Oh aye and the best thing is the fridge (which is bigger than the house I used to live in) has an ice making doody on it, you just press the button & out comes cubed or crushed ice:clap2:
Fame & fortune are probably ok but you know you've really arrived when your fridge has an ice maker on it:D

I can't stop playing with it ............er......... the ice maker that is;)

Doggy

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds interesting. Doggy, any chance of posting some pics here?
The villa's nowt flash but the views are the real winner for us.

The local bar, run by a lovely Spanish family, is behind the buildings up on the hill. It looks a long way but it's amazing how fast you can get there when you're thirsty:D

Doggy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like it. It doesn't need to be flash to impress me. I am a fan of many styles. I like many modernist houses. I mean that I like to admire them but to live in I prefer traditional styles with views of the countryside and/or the sea. Let me know when it's ready for me to come and stay, ok?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the last barrow loads and there was hardly any traffic for all the others but of course a car just had to appear when I was wheeling this down the road. The guy was laughing so hard he nearly crashed into the wall ............. soddit!:eek:

Doggy

·
Registered
56 Posts
One of the last barrow loads and there was hardly any traffic for all the others but of course a car just had to appear when I was wheeling this down the road. The guy was laughing so hard he nearly crashed into the wall ............. soddit!:eek:

Doggy
:D
It reminds me of when I had to dig a small trench on a farm and there was all these chickens running loose that had escaped. I loaded up the barrow with soil and a chicken jumped on the front of the barrow and just stayed there like a bonnet mascot as I pushed the barrow along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.