Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow we travel to Segovia just for the afternoon and one night, then Friday we fly from Madrid to Chichester via hove for the wedding of our youngest daughter.

Other half returns Monday..... Animals and finca life stand still for nothing. I will spend two weeks visiting my father.

These are all the unknown additional costs that People moving need to consider

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Tomorrow we travel to Segovia just for the afternoon and one night, then Friday we fly from Madrid to Chichester via hove for the wedding of our youngest daughter.

Other half returns Monday..... Animals and finca life stand still for nothing. I will spend two weeks visiting my father.

Have a great time!

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
I am confused... Not trying to be mean but this states that the wedding of your daughter is for nothing? Why go??
Because she decided to.
Because she thought she ought to.
Because it 's her daughter.
And because her decision has nothing whatsoever to do with you or anyone else.
Entendido?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I am confused... Not trying to be mean but this states that the wedding of your daughter is for nothing? Why go??
No, it doesn't. It says quite the opposite, that animals and the finca stand still for nothing ie not even something as important as her daughter's wedding. You wouldn't have scored very highly in English comprehension at school, I take it.

And Megsmum, I hope you both enjoy the wedding and that your daughter and her husband to be have a lovely day.

·
Registered
19,395 Posts

Yes, expensive and difficult to manage, but even so, enjoy yourself!:)

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why go to Segovia???

This is an additional cost just for your "enjoyment" so why include it??
To catch the plane from Madrid without having to stay in Madrid for example???
Thanks guys

For those of you who have the capacity to understand thanks. Leaving the finca is difficult due to animals, this is the first time in three years we have been away together. It's a five hour drive to Madrid so decided that whilst we had Finca sitters we would have one night away together althougnwhy im explaining this I have no idea

Bob

I find most of your comments rude, unhelpful and actually very melodramatic so for the comments

How DARE you suggest that my daughters wedding means nothing, it did not state my daughters wedding means nothing. Not trying to be rude... yep that's usually a precursor to being rude.

Why go to Segovia???

This is an additional cost just for your "enjoyment" so why include it??
Why you wanna go? Of course it's for our bloody enjoyment, if it wasn't I'd have made an appointment to listen to your cheers and delights.

So I repeat for those hard of understanding

These are the additional expenses one has to think about. Weddings funerals and the such like. Fortunately, when we moved here neither daughter was married so we set aside money for such events. Including these frivolous trips to Madrid via Segovia.

Write one hundred lines

I will not retaliate
I will not retaliate

Off to B

Attachments

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And just to clarify because clearly post weddings your family has different honeymoons

My husband returns AFTER the wedding because oddly enough my daughter and her husband have no desire for us to go on honeymoon with them. :rolleyes: When you own a farm, one can't just "pop" off.

Fiddle

I said I wouldn't do this

Really want to say something very very very rude :

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
And just to clarify because clearly post weddings your family has different honeymoons

My husband returns AFTER the wedding because oddly enough my daughter and her husband have no desire for us to go on honeymoon with them. :rolleyes: When you own a farm, one can't just "pop" off.

Fiddle

I said I wouldn't do this

Really want to say something very very very rude :
Don't do it. Rise above:). Enjoy what he can't.
Save
Save

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Segovia is lovely, I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

It's nice that you will be able to spend time with your Dad as well. If you'd still been working full time in the UK you probably wouldn't have been able to take off weeks at a time to be with him.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Some of you may remember me moaning last February about having to go to the UK for a lavish birthday party organised by my son for his beloved wife. I was extremely peeved for many reasons, disruption to my routine, the tedious journey, the cost of the flight, the necessity of buying new clothes and a visit to the hairdresser....plus the fact that I'm anti-social, not that family focused tbh and dislike all formal occasions like weddings, birthday parties.
I moaned and grouched for weeks beforehand to the point where even the dogs began covering their ears and OH found many urgent things that needed doing at the far end of the garden.
I went and to my surprise and delight I had a fabulous time. It was good to see old friends and ex family again - my ex-husband and I and his second wife have remained on very close terms - the hotel we stayed at for the night where the event was held was first-class, the dinner was excellent and a Very Good Time was had by all including misery guts me.

As you will be going in a much more positive frame of mind than I when I set off I'm sure you'll have a really great time with lots of happy memories.
Its possible it might even not rain......

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
No, it doesn't. It says quite the opposite, that animals and the finca stand still for nothing ie not even something as important as her daughter's wedding. You wouldn't have scored very highly in English comprehension at school, I take it.

And Megsmum, I hope you both enjoy the wedding and that your daughter and her husband to be have a lovely day.
If BFF is really french then I'm not surprised by his lack of comprehension, the way English is taught in schools in France leaves a lot to be desired especially when you know that your English friends children are correcting the teachers. :D

And MM....I hope you and hubby have a lovely time at your daughter's wedding...congratulations to them both.

Reactions: Megsmum
1 - 19 of 19 Posts