Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i am malaysian and we planned to marry here (with a french citizen)
i arrived in france with a tourist visa 24 th september and waiting for my single certificate from malaysia.The certificate i received a week ago is not the right one i need (they mistake and send me the documents for a wedding in malaysia).

the means if i follow the 90 days visa tourism i must leave before 24 th december.
we have already bought our flight ticket (return) to go back to visit my familly end of january.

i know now that it will be impossible to complete our wedding demand in France.
My question is..how to do if i want to stay untill end of january with a clear situation regarding to the french gouvernement?

i guess if i stay untill end of january they will know at the police check at the airport when we will leave that i stay more than 90 days in schengen space.

I am worry about what will happen when we will go back to france end of february..may be thay won't allow me to enter france and as our wedding documents won't be done.

what is the right solution..?

if one exist....

·
Administrator
49,871 Posts
I'm afraid I don't know the visa requirements for someone from Malaysia, but assuming they are similar to those for a US citizen, this is what I found on the website of the French consulate in Washington, DC:

>>As of june 1st, 2009 the specific visa in order to marry in France with a french citizen no longer exists.

If you plan to marry in France with a french citizen but do not intend to settle in france after the marriage, you should apply for a short stay visa for private visit in france (mariage). This visa, if granted, will not allow you to settle in France nor will be tranformed there. Please check the Short stay visa section for further informations.

If you plan to marry in France with a french citizen and plan to settle there as well, you should apply for a long stay visitor visa. When the marriage has been celebrated, your visa will be tranformed afterwards in "a spouse of french citizen" resident card at the french local government (prefecture). Please check the Long stay visa section for more informations.<<

If you were planning on settling in France after your marriage, you really need to have a long-stay visa which you'll have to apply for back home. If you weren't planning on settling in France, you're on the right track. Perhaps you could get the Malaysian consulate in France to issue something that would validate the incorrect certificate they sent you from Malaysia. It's worth a try anyhow, especially if that's the only document you're missing.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that means if we can succes to depose our documents to the city hall before going back to malaysia together end of january i can get a short visa .

if so will be ok when we will come back to france end of february.

i do worry from 24th december untill 28 th january at the airport...that means i have illegla visa (more than 90 days in schengen space) and police check will probably ask us to pay a fine for that (the worst will be that i am on a black list when we reach roissy airport end of february..)

what is the best option if i want to stay in legal term with french gouvernement?

i am planning to stay in France when come back to malaysia (end of february) with my future french husband

·
Administrator
49,871 Posts
When were you planning on getting married? Before or after your return to Malaysia?

It sounds as if you miscalculated somewhere. When you entered France in the first place, you should have had a long-stay visa, if I understand you correctly. By entering on a 90 day Schengen visa, it seems as if you were planning on marrying but not settling in France.

OK, the good news is that, on leaving France the chances are good that they won't really look at the entry date in your passport, and in any event, will probably let you leave the country without any hassle.

But if you're planning on returning to France to settle with your husband, you will need to spend your time in Malaysia getting a long-stay visa. Make sure you bring your livret de famille with you - and he should bring his carte d'identité so he can prove he is a French national. You'll have to apply at the French consulate in Malaysia - and a long stay visa can take some time to get.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we want to settle in France but we will visit my familly in malaysia from 29th january 2010 untill 28 february 2010.

some people said that if i leave France 1 months after my 90 days ..police check at the airport will give me a fine and probably put me on a black list that i cannot enter to France for a few years.

we know each other for many years and rellay decide to settle in france so i don't want to begin my experience with the french gouvernement like illegal person...

really worry about this ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.