Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would like t ask what the usual offer for a web developer in Dubai is. currently, I'm working as a Full Stack developer with a salary of 3500 and I feel its too low of a salary for my job. Is this normal in Dubai?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you're really a good full stack developer, I don't see any reason why you should ask for anything less than 15K. When many people start accepting ridiculously low packages, the overall market rate for that level of skill goes down.
That said, you need to change your role and do a mix of BD and consulting along with web development to survive in Dubai.. no one needs a pure web developer in Dubai.. that is done by folks sitting in India, Philippines etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're really a good full stack developer, I don't see any reason why you should ask for anything less than 15K. When many people start accepting ridiculously low packages, the overall market rate for that level of skill goes down.
That said, you need to change your role and do a mix of BD and consulting along with web development to survive in Dubai.. no one needs a pure web developer in Dubai.. that is done by folks sitting in India, Philippines etc.
what is BD? and consultation for website design and flow? I am from PH and my level is a mid-level programmer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of my friend is working as PHP web developer in Dubai, he has overall experience of 6 years (3 years in India and 3 years in Dubai). His current salary in dubai is 9k pm + sharing accomodation in Al Barsha.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts