Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - My name is Jackie. I am looking to move to the EU with my husband and daughter. My husband is a Danish national.

I have an Industrial Engineering degree and law degree and am hoping it won't be too difficult to obtain a job abroad. Anyone have tips on good websites or places to look or live for this type of expertise?

Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
52,333 Posts
Now is not a great time to be looking for a job anywhere in the EU, but generally your chances are significantly better in a country where you have the local language.

With industrial engineering and law as your background, you're probably going to want to focus on large, international companies with operations in a variety of countries. Check the websites of companies you think you'd be interested in working for to see where they have their European sites.

There are always the usual website job posting sites (i.e. Monster and the rest), but going directly to the company website saves the company the headhunter fee in many cases. Be sure to indicate in your initial contact with any employer the fact of being the spouse of an EU national.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now is not a great time to be looking for a job anywhere in the EU, but generally your chances are significantly better in a country where you have the local language.

With industrial engineering and law as your background, you're probably going to want to focus on large, international companies with operations in a variety of countries. Check the websites of companies you think you'd be interested in working for to see where they have their European sites.

There are always the usual website job posting sites (i.e. Monster and the rest), but going directly to the company website saves the company the headhunter fee in many cases. Be sure to indicate in your initial contact with any employer the fact of being the spouse of an EU national.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks for the comments. good advice! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts