Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance received an email today from UKBA with the subject heading:
Unclassified Your Visa Application @Moscow (Ref: ???)

And it simply says...
"Your visa is ready; please check the location of your documents at UK Visa Information - Russia - Home Page. We aim to return passports to the Moscow VAC within 2 working days. For Regional VACs allow additional time.
This is an automated email - do not reply. Thank you."

Does anyone know if this means an approval?
I think we had a strong application and believe we addressed everything (mostly thanks to this wonderful forum) but it has only been 18 working days (4 weeks) since my Fiance applied in Moscow and wondering if this means her visa has actually been granted already? I sincerely hope so. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Signifi,

I'm just a beginner with the Visa application process, but from reading what other people have experienced, I would think it means that the Visa has been approved - "Your Visa is ready" - this is a statement that implies you have the Visa, unlike "a decision has been made" or "your documents are ready for collection", which could go either way.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but fingers crossed that saying "your visa is ready" means just that!

Let us know :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks HappySunshine. I thought similar. I think until my fiance actually has the visa in her hands I will be cautiously excited. Maybe Nyclon or Joppa may have more of an idea about this brief wording?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the more I think about it "visa is ready" can really only mean one thing? I hope?
Has anyone else received similar wording in an approval/granted Fiance Visa?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm only 99% sure really. Has anybody else had this wording on a successful Fiance Visa?

"Your visa is ready; please check the location of your documents at UK Visa Information - Russia - Home Page. We aim to return passports to the Moscow VAC within 2 working days. For Regional VACs allow additional time.
This is an automated email - do not reply. Thank you."

Or do any of the more experienced members know about this? It reads very positive in my mind. 18 days seems very fast.

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
You probably have your visa but just wait till you get your passport back. Wrong emails have been sent, causing grief to shocked applicants, so don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gulp! Really? Ok thank you Joppa. I think she will receive it tomorrow so I will let you know the outcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.