Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm Indian and will be applying to renew for the first time my Spouse Visa in the next few months. I just had a couple of quick questions regarding the documents.

My wife is English and has a British passport and so do our two children. When we applied for my visa to come to the UK we submitted our marriage certificate as part of the evidence. Unfortunately during our move to the UK we lost both copies of our marriage certificate. But we do have photocopies of the marriage certificate.

I do have my wife's name in my passport under the spouse detail section. We also have proof of us living together with gas and electric bills in both of our names along with voter registration details.

Could we submit the photocopy of our marriage certificate?

Thank You

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello All,

I'm Indian and will be applying to renew for the first time my Spouse Visa in the next few months. I just had a couple of quick questions regarding the documents.

My wife is English and has a British passport and so do our two children. When we applied for my visa to come to the UK we submitted our marriage certificate as part of the evidence. Unfortunately during our move to the UK we lost both copies of our marriage certificate. But we do have photocopies of the marriage certificate.

I do have my wife's name in my passport under the spouse detail section. We also have proof of us living together with gas and electric bills in both of our names along with voter registration details.

Could we submit the photocopy of our marriage certificate?

Thank You
They don't ask for original documents anymore( even though they can still demand original if have any doubt ). They give you the option to upload all documents yourself after submitting an application and you can upload a copy of the marriage certificate which you have with you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts