Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and firstly thanks for all the information on this site. I have read and read but I feel my situation is going to need some help in getting my mind round applying for immigration to ontario.

Firstly I have been visiting relatives in ontario for almost 20 years, I now wish to relocate alone at 43 years of age I'm wondering if I have maybe left it too late.

I have a worldwide company I have worked for in uk for approx 11 years who have an office in Mississauga who are going to apply for an LMO for me, if they get it great but if not what do you think of my chances of getting PR based on below info and what category would you reccomended applying through.

Okay so I have numerous aunts and uncles based in ON they have been there 35 years or so and will be looking after me initially, they would apply to sponsor me if it was allowed but the wording is vague at best. It would be an aunt/uncle sponsoring me.

My grandmother (deceased) was born in Canada and my father has dual citizenship however he lives in uk and has no desire to move over. I am employed in Flood and Fire Restoration and am heavily skilled and qualified in this field with over 15 years experience in this field including some technical training within it having been employed as a training advisor in the industry for a few years. I would be coming into Canada on my own, long story but me only. I have some old o grade certificates from years ago and some good qualifications in my field of work as above. I have lots of interest in my c.v from canadian companies and I would have no problems getting a job upon getting in. I have only managed to get the one multi national co I worked for in the uk to go for an LMO however.

So if the LMO doesn't work out could anybody suggest the best alternative.

Thanks in advance, ps I have no criminal history etc or anything stopping me getting in that way

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Firstly I have been visiting relatives in ontario for almost 20 years, I now wish to relocate alone at 43 years of age I'm wondering if I have maybe left it too late.

I am a year older than you, am seriously considering moving to Scotland (I have Scottish parents, lived there as a kid, and have lived in Britain for 8-9 month stretches as an adult) and have the same reservations about doing it at our age. I don't have an answer for you, but can understand your reservations.

Having family here (as I do in Scotland) might make it easier than it would be if you were to try moving here with no support network in place. Their knowledge and experience, even in the smallest things, will likely be invaluable to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.