1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've not heard of any but I can only speak for our island of Fuerteventura. A lot of properties outside of the urbanisations have their own private supplies from artesian wells etc., but I must say I haven't heard of anyone saying there has been no water for domestic use. I would imagine that water for commercial use may well be scarce on a frequent basis given the climate of the islands.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not heard of any but I can only speak for our island of Fuerteventura. A lot of properties outside of the urbanisations have their own private supplies from artesian wells etc., but I must say I haven't heard of anyone saying there has been no water for domestic use. I would imagine that water for commercial use may well be scarce on a frequent basis given the climate of the islands.
Thank you!

I am thinking to move right to Furteventura but know very little and only from the web.

Is Caleta de Fuste a nice area? Are you far from it?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well Caleta is a new town as such, and was built as a holiday town so it doesn't have an 'old town' as such but it does have a nice harbour with safe beaches for swimming. There are a lot of complex type villas for sale including some very nice ones on the Golf Course. There is a large development on 'chipmunk mountain' which over looks the town and has a lot of property for sale. If you want a clean and pleasant holiday type town with lots of good restaurants and bars, Caleta would be a good choice. And it's only 15 mins from the airport. We have been going to Fuerte for 10 years now and are in the process of buying in a locals village in the Mid South of the island, quite far away from the developed areas. If you haven't been to Fuerte before, I would certainly recommend an extended holiday, the island is very individual and may not be to everyone's taste, the geography and climate is best described as semi desert, with a lot of steppe type terrain. In comparison to some of the other Canary Islands, you may find Fuerte a bit barren !

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
This is my last concern before I buy the tickets for the tropical islands...and since my intention would be to buy a property there to live there all year long, I was wondering if there has been issues in getting normal water in residential buildings in any of the islands.

Does anyone know?

I just found this:

Water shortage becoming critical for agriculture - Daily News - Canary Islands - ISLANDCONNECTIONS.EU

But it doesn't answer my question.

Thank you
The lack of rain this year so next year will most probably be back to normal, like the rest of Spain (not much rain this year)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
In January one of my two water aljibes had a depth of over 7 foot, 2 metres, I plumbed it the other day, there is about 18 inches. We have not had any substantial rain for over 1 year.

Very often the water pressure to the house is reduced, or cut off, and because of this most old houses have two systems of water supply, the newer buildings have a roof top water tank of about 1000 litres, this is just in case of problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts