Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Good point, dear EH.

After a little recent rain here the mountain streams are gurgling away, but they won't last if we have a long dry autumn.

I'm not in a restricted area, but I've got good supply of more interesting stuff to drink if the situation turns difficult.......oh my glass is empty.....must pour a little more.

DejW

·
Banned
172 Posts
They could also watch the France3 local news or whether online or paper format read the local newspaper for all pertinent info concerning their region.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They could also watch the France3 local news or whether online or paper format read the local newspaper for all pertinent info concerning their region.
Well, yes, of course. But this is another reliable resource and you can drill down for greater detail and you can refer to it if for some reason you want to look at another area. It is published by the Ministère de la Transition Ecologique et Solidaire.

DejW - it is of course about conserving drinking water as long as possible,

We had a huge amount of rain here the other day and quite a bit the day before, plus on other recent occasions. But the ground has been too dry to soak it, and we do have some areas here rated Alerte : Réduction des prélèvements à des fins agricoles inférieure à 50% (ou interdiction jusqu'à 3 jours par semaine), mesures d'interdiction de manœuvre de vanne, d'activité nautique, interdiction à certaines heures d'arroser les jardins, espaces verts, golfs, de laver sa voiture, ... You will note there are currently quite a number of zones rated Crise: Arrêt des prélèvements non prioritaires y compris des prélèvements à des fins agricoles. Seuls les prélèvements permettant d'assurer l'exercice des usages prioritaires sont autorisés (santé, sécurité civile, eau potable, salubrité, which is extremely serious, but the others categories also require attention.

Oh, for those wondering, when washing your car is prohibited, you should be able to use one of the car washes that recycles the water it uses, or if you have a rain water tank and are prepared to use the water for that purpose, I believe you can do so. Groundwater use can be restricted at times, in which case the area will be shown as hatched.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All car washes are required to recycle their water in France, even the DIY with the pressure sprayers.
Thank you, I thought that was probably the case, but wasn't absolutely sure. (I do know it's the case in Australia, but drought issues there are major and droughts can and do last for years - been there, done that). :)

·
Administrator
49,095 Posts
Not all areas have a local newspaper - though many towns now have a newsletter produced by the local mairie. Actually, the mairie website may be a good source for finding out about any water use restrictions.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts