Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize it is not a lot of money - but since installing our reverse osmosis filters we no longer need Ciel bottled water. We have 3 bottles for which we were charged. My wife tried to return them to the guy today when he pulled up to the house and he said - no we don't take those back. Any experiences ?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Cut off the tops with a knife and you have a 5 gallon/19 liter bin to store anything you want to store.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I realize it is not a lot of money - but since installing our reverse osmosis filters we no longer need Ciel bottled water. We have 3 bottles for which we were charged. My wife tried to return them to the guy today when he pulled up to the house and he said - no we don't take those back. Any experiences ?
Anything I want to dispose of I put on the sidewalk the night before along with the trash on a garbage pickup day and it is gone before the truck arrives in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,043 Posts
Are these water bottles empty or full?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Are you just trying to get rid of the bottles or get back the cost of what you had to pay for the bottle?

If you just want to get rid of the bottles, I'm sure there are plenty of Mexicans of lesser material wealth who would be happy to take them off your hands. You could probably leave them on your sidewalk with a sign saying "Gratis" and they'd be gone in a flash!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I agree with ojos azules11.
I was wondering if this was really a subject or someone was really bored

·
Registered
201 Posts
just clean them out good, put them away, never know when you might be without water and may need them, im sure your nice water system doesn't work too well with no water, and remember you live in mexico :)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
just clean them out good, put them away, never know when you might be without water and may need them, im sure your nice water system doesn't work too well with no water, and remember you live in mexico :)
What does "remember you live in Mexico" mean?

·
Registered
201 Posts
What does "remember you live in Mexico" mean?
usa has had drinkable water from the tap for about a 100 years now, why cant mexico be the same? many cities in the usa has tap water rated to be more clean than bottled water

so thats what i mean

·
Super Moderator
Guadalajara, México
7,070 Posts
usa has had drinkable water from the tap for about a 100 years now, why cant mexico be the same? many cities in the usa has tap water rated to be more clean than bottled water

so thats what i mean
And Europe has had decent public transit and a great train system for about 100 years now, why can't the US be the same? Because they are different places with different problems, that's why. The US would be doing well if they could do public transit half as well as Mexico does, let alone imitate Europe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.