Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Keen to watch the Arsenal v Liverpool game on Saturday night in a pub in Dubai - but realise that it is a dry night and many places will be closed.

Could anybody suggest somewhere that would definitely be open so I could watch this with friends please?

I'm still trying to sort out my Ejari/Du connection so can not watch from home.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as I am aware its not be confirmed as to what day will be the dry day, they have moved the Holiday back to suit, who do you support, Gooner or Red as both have their respective Bars in town

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah have noticed that they have changed it. I support neither (Everton) but have friends coming over from the UK for a few days. It's hard to make plans not knowing what will be open of an evening. I just hope my Friday brunch is not cancelled for some reason!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi,

Keen to watch the Arsenal v Liverpool game on Saturday night in a pub in Dubai - but realise that it is a dry night and many places will be closed.

Could anybody suggest somewhere that would definitely be open so I could watch this with friends please?

I'm still trying to sort out my Ejari/Du connection so can not watch from home.

Thanks all!
I thought it will be dry Sunday evening to Monday evening...

·
Registered
20 Posts
MMI & A&E issued a letter yesterday saying Sunday 7pm until Monday 6pm would be dry but that may put dampers on Grand Prix so Hotels awaiting municipality comfirmation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the exact time Everton kick off, this brings a whole new level of urgency to what this post was initially about! Please help!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
How is that the people organizing the grand prix didn't factor the dry day into their calculations !!! I still find it extremely hard to believe it will be dry in there ...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Usually these annoucements are country wide and not emirate specific, but hey you never know ...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sheraton AD have no idea. They expect to hear tomorrow.

It's such a mess. We (private sector) got an email from HR yesterday saying we got Sunday off. Still no confirmation that stands. It had better!

All this confusion whilst so much attention is focused on the country. Hotels is AD are full already.

A complete shambles which reflects very poorly on the UAE at a time it should be creating a good impression to the world :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah have noticed that they have changed it. I support neither (Everton) but have friends coming over from the UK for a few days. It's hard to make plans not knowing what will be open of an evening. I just hope my Friday brunch is not cancelled for some reason!
Paul, a few Evertonians go to my old gaff 'The Stables' at the back of Crowne Plaza on Sheik Zayed Road for the match normally.

Just as a pointer for the future. You'll be able to spot them!

Alternately I'm in Nezesaussi in Al Manzil Hotel Downtown, opposite The Palace. The good start to the season has seen one guest complain at my shouts of 'GET IN EVERTON' as another Lukaku goal hits the net :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
As an aside, we at Emaar are still waiting for official confirmation for Dry Day. Forus it *appeared* to be Sunday, but now it's looking like Saturday.

Given Moet et Chandon are one of the partners of the AD Grand Prix, I'm sure they won't be toasting the winner with Perrier!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts