Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Dubai in the very near future and want to know if there are any groups of NFL supporters who meet up every Sunday to watch a NFL game or two? Please let me know where this is happening.

If not - can people let me know if they would be interested in meeting up to watch the game we all love and I will try arrange a suitable venue with refreshments.

As a NFL fan I really enjoy the games more surrounded by similar fans no matter who you support (even Raiders Fans).

As a long suffering Dolphins fan I havent had much to cheer over the last decade but hopefully things are changing this season.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Do some searches on NFL as there are many threads on the topic. The NFL is not popular here and combined with the timings of live games not something that is commonly shown in bars.

Personally, I buy NFL Game Pass and watch at home. Obviously, that does not meet your objective of enjoying the game with others. You could try and put a group together. I love it that way, because when watch the games on demand they remove commercials and half time show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I stumbled on a bar that plays Sunday's games on a big projection screen. It's called the Cube at Meydan Golfcourse. it's attached to the Meydan horse racetrack and serves good grub and drinks. The toughest part about the games though, is the the start time. early game in the US doesn't start until 9pm here, so you would have to be a little bit of a night owl if you wanted to catch two games

Hope this helps, and welcome to Dubai

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Dubai in the very near future and want to know if there are any groups of NFL supporters who meet up every Sunday to watch a NFL game or two? Please let me know where this is happening.

If not - can people let me know if they would be interested in meeting up to watch the game we all love and I will try arrange a suitable venue with refreshments.

As a NFL fan I really enjoy the games more surrounded by similar fans no matter who you support (even Raiders Fans).
Give these guys a shout ...

The domain name EAFL.COM.

Apart from having local teams and a league etc, they do organize meetup's and get together to watch games sometimes.

As a long suffering Dolphins fan I havent had much to cheer over the last decade but hopefully things are changing this season.

Talk about a suffering fan, while not a 'long suffering fan' (they've been great recently), the Falcons are done for this year though :(, now all that's left for me is to root against the Aint's and for Peyton Manning ...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
With the last 6-year performance blip well and truly consigned to the dustbin, the Giants are firmly back on track to be a 4-12 laughing stock. Nicely done guys, you suck.

I was training with the EAFL guys last year, but between an injury, work load and general rubbishness, I dropped out. Good bunch of people, and the staff have some real pedigree.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
the Giants are firmly back on track to be a 4-12 laughing stock. Nicely done guys, you suck.
4-12 ??!!?? That's a stretch there buddy. Eli can't help but throw interceptions this year, I'd be happy if the Falcons get to that record...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lads,

Thanks for all the updates.

Saraswot is that the correct website for those lads? I definitely want to checking in with them although my playing days are over.

When you remember the glory days of Dan Marino (A real QB) its time to hang the cleats up.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey the EAFL website is at: www.eafl.ae

I play for one of the teams, and as someone said, well organised, fun and they do organise activities from time to time (seem to recall going to the Qube (mentioned above) a few times)

I have Gamepass, would highly recommend!!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Whoops, sorry about that .. Tackledummy already put up the right one ..

About Peyton Vs Marino, I do agree Marino was great, one of the greatest, but he didn't really move franchises in his career, get hurt bad enough to sit out a whole season and then come back into a new system, organization, coaching staff etc.. and straight dominate.

Also no one is better at dissecting the defense making the calls on the line and running the no-huddle / 2 minute offense. Like Elway said recently, Peyton is guy that started the no-huddle...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peyton is a quality player but I still but Marino ahead on him based on what he did while operating a totally different era. The modern game is totally favouring the QBs and the passing games. If Marino played with anything that resembled a defense and could tackle he would have ended up with at least 1 if not more Super Bowl rings.

As for Elway's comments about Peyton and the no huddle I remember those Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills running the no huddle for years in the early 90s

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Peyton is a quality player but I still but Marino ahead on him based on what he did while operating a totally different era. The modern game is totally favouring the QBs and the passing games. If Marino played with anything that resembled a defense and could tackle he would have ended up with at least 1 if not more Super Bowl rings.

As for Elway's comments about Peyton and the no huddle I remember those Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills running the no huddle for years in the early 90s
Fair enough, while I didnt watch Marino play (too young), I have watched the various 'classics' he's featured in, and it did seem like a better defense and maybe one star reciever would have done the trick.

As far as the no huddle, there was a definite pre-Peyton no huddle and then a post-Peyton no huddle. Nobody ran a no-huddle with as many audibles and misdirection prior to Peyton starting his thing, the complex version employed by many now (chip kelly for one) has got to be attributed to what started in Indy ...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I am old enough to have seen Marino, although back then you did not have the ability to see games like today where you could watch any team on any given Sunday. And not to take away from anything he did in his great career

But...

What Manning is doing this season is, in my opinion, unprecedented in NFL history. The man is playing absolutely out of his mind. His worst game is 300 yards and 2 touchdowns.

(For full discloser, while I will always live and die with the Bears I had lived in CO for nearly 20 years and am a Broncos fan)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What Manning is doing this season is frightening alright and his game management at the line of scrimmage is incredible. I am delighted that he has been a great success on his comeback from his neck injury even though I hasn't a big fan beforehand.

The easiest job in the world right now must be the offensive co-ordinator of the Broncos. I bet his job is to tell the offense to take the field and then he sits back and lets Peyton call the plays.

They are great to watch too but I don't think they will win in all. The defence is giving up too many points which is never a good sign.

Offense wins games but defence wins championship.

:second::second::second::second:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Any team Peyton's on, the O.C is getting a free paycheck ...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im looking forward to the return of Peyton to Indy next week and the showdown with Andrew Luck. Although im pretty certain Manning is gonna show the youngin how its done. Anyway im from the bay area so im a lifetime niner fan and although im ok with Kaep, im seriously disappointed Harbaugh and the crew passed on Peyton and didnt even make an offer while he was being shopped around before signing with denver. Makes me just imagine what could have been with our defense and then peyton manning controlling the offense....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 49ers will be fine. They are dealing with some injuries on offense that is hampering them at the moment. I would love to see them stuff those Seahawks in the playoffs.

I think Colin Kaepernick will develop further into a great QB but I hear you on Manning. He could make any team win now.

Being a Dolphins fan we went through the same with the "Manning show" but it was worse cause he came to us for a visit and turned us down. Like the 49ers we have a good QB in Tannehill at the moment so I am optimistic about the future.

Looking forward to the Manning V Luck game. Luck looks like the second coming of Manning at the moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Folks I am in Wembley tomorrow watching the 49ers pound the Jags.

I'm over in Dubai next week if anyone wants a program from the game. Let me know soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you get a cable package with [OSN 2] they show two NFL games every Sunday nights [usually starting around 9pm or 10]and you can also get Fox sports which shows one or two games every Sunday.
If you search the net there are [free live stream sites ] that work really good.

There are a lot of REAL FOOTBALL [NFL] fans are its just the times of the games.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Folks,

I do watch NFL games from Dubai. I'm a big fan of Raiders team. I also like to watch these matches surrounded with a group of people.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts