Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to watch Indian TV channels in Aus ?

I currently am in Sydney and a friend of mine suggested Yupp TV.

I play Yupp TV streaming from my laptop which in turn is connected to TV via hdmi cable.

I am OK with their selection but it is kind of hard for me to move around the
programs without a TV remote (as I have to use mouse for clicking).

I am interested to know whether there is any service that is available that allows me to watch Indian TV channels with the use of TV remote.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Buy a $45 chromecast from JBHihi or goodguys.com and download the chromecast app on your android or iphone or laptop. Yupptv hosts it's service through chromecast chromecast so your phone or laptop effectively becomes your remote and you can not only use it as a remote but also cast anything on your phone over to your tele using wifi connection between chromecast and your phone.

YuppTv also offers a set top box based service and is listed on their site in packages but I didn't buy it as I use the phone approach above.

Alternatively buy a MaxxTv or RealTV Android boxes that ultimately use the same YupTV service in the background but just provides a box to cast the output on the tele.

Reactions: vixiv

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi All, Can someone tell me how to watch Indian TV channels in Aus ? I currently am in Sydney and a friend of mine suggested Yupp TV. I play Yupp TV streaming from my laptop which in turn is connected to TV via hdmi cable. I am OK with their selection but it is kind of hard for me to move around the programs without a TV remote (as I have to use mouse for clicking). I am interested to know whether there is any service that is available that allows me to watch Indian TV channels with the use of TV remote.
I have found Flex TV ( if you have Optus subscription) handy and economical.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can buy REAL TV...it will cost you $200 for the set-top box and $180 for the yearly subscription. It is excellent and the reception is really great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts