Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here! Haven't yet moved to France, but my husband and I are planning to go there with our two children (5 & 8) as soon as our house in the US sells. It's hard playing the waiting game. We had a contract down on our house a week ago, and it fell through :(

We're planning to move to Béziers. Anyone else in that region?

Jennifer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,

We don't have work lined up yet (I know...), but I'd love to teach English and French both as second languages (English to French people, French to expats who speak English). I've been working on a website. I'd also love to (eventually) be able to put together tours for people coming over from the US and other countries.

My husband is French so that will help matters greatly where visas, etc. are concerned. Just finalized French nationality for the kids. While living in the US, we've made it a point to speak only French at home. We'll do the opposite when living in France.

We've spent the last 14 years spending every summer in France, and we have family in Paris and Béziers. The only iffy part is the job situation. My husband is currently exploring employment opportunties as well, he has a business background.

Thanks so much for responding, I'm glad I found this website!

Jennifer

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
OK, well, a spouse visa is more or less a sure thing. The key part is to have gotten your livret de famille, because that can take some time.

On the job front, things are tight here (as everywhere), but it's a matter of sticking to it. His experience in the US should definitely open a few doors for him.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. Just received express mail from the consulate in which we received the famous livret de famille!! Exciting news for us. I hope you're right about the job thing. Now to just sell this house :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.