Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Wanting to become a Portuguese citizen.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Maggie2780 
I too had similar questions and issues with obtaing Portuguese citizenship. My Portuguese isn't the best, I know nothing about the Portuguese legal system, and I just couldn't deal with the Consulate anymore. I felt like I just kept getting the run around. I had heard numerous stories about files and documents being lost... Since I was living in NJ I contacted a Portuguese law firm which is represented there (all work is done out of their US office and I avoided all of the Consulate's inefficiencies). I was able to get everything taken care of for myself and my family at a very reasonable cost (I was apprehensive about lawyers handling this because of often high fees but it was less than I anticipated). I spoke with Lizete Esteves.

The contact info is:

Candeias e Associados

3 Main Street

Newark, NJ 07105

973.344.6557/973.220.7703

emigrante@candeias.pt

P.S. They are great with e-mails. Hope this helps. I was tired of dealing with the Consulate so finding them was a huge load off my shoulders. I have referred them to friends in AZ, MA and even Brazil. All feedback has been positive so far from them and it looks like they are doing great work. Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.