Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi We will be looking to buy a small car to use mainly as a runabout locally to the Castellon /Alcossebre area, we will be traveling over in September and staying for 2/3 months.
Maybe someone relocating back to UK

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
A lot of local rental firms do deals for long term car rental. Unless you are planning on returning regularly to Spain and need to own a car, it might be worth exploring some rental deals..

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you do go down the car rental route, take a look at car hire excess insurance. Will save you in the long run if you don't mid leaving a 'holding' deposit.

Most car hire excess insurance is limited to 30 days per rental. I researched this at length last year and found only one which covered longer than this, 60 days. That being insurance4carhire - go via Martin Lewis Money Saving to add the discount from them.

Don't fall in to the trap of "I need it for 62 days, that will be OK", it's based on the hire contract. We ended up hiring for 50 days and then returning and starting a new rental agreement for another 40.

Depends of course where you are flying to.

I guess you are familiar with some of the cheaper car hire brokers?

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thank you for the info,
We have not looked at other options at all did not know about long term rental would like to know links or companies.
Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi We will be looking to buy a small car to use mainly as a runabout locally to the Castellon /Alcossebre area, we will be traveling over in September and staying for 2/3 months.
Maybe someone relocating back to UK
If you're staying for that length of time it may be worthwhile bringing your own car over. We used to do this regularly when we rented for 3 month periods while we tried out various areas. It does mean that you're not restricted on the amount of luggage you bring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts