Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I'm currently studying International economics at Loughborough University and hopefully will be doing a diploma in Limoges in two years time. The course is taught in french and although I have GCSE french and have taken many holidays in France, my skills are not yet upto a level of being taught in another language. I require a job (bar work, restaurant etc) to try and improve my french, I can even call down at easter if a prior meet is required.

If anyone has anything to offer please do get in touch,

Thanks Aidan

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
If you fancy Corsica - where they speak French wonderfully well and almost accent-free - check out Annonces Corses, annonce corse, corse annonces - Corse-hebdo (the weekly free newspaper available on line). Advertising is starting around now for seasonal workers - there's one for example on a campsite near Calvi, I think, and there's plenty of bar work, and a lot of them offer accommodation as part of the job package - which is a god-send cos lodging in Corsica, particularly in the holiday periods, is extortionate (except of course my chalets !!!)

If you another language, eg Italian or German, it would be advantageous to you as well.

Getting to & from Corsica isn't outrageous - Easyjet flies into Bastia and Ajaccio from Gatwick, Manchester & Bristol (& Lyon, Brussels and Paris - my daughter's flying to Bastia from Lyon next Friday for 28Euros, for example), and there's reasonably good public transport on the island.

Good luck
H

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
& Leboncoin.fr also has job offers - check them out too.

H

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I never thought of Corsica, that gives me one more place to look. How do I reply to the advertisements on the corse-hebdo site though? Or am I better posting my own advert with email contact details?

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Every ad has who/how to contact; most are phone numbers.

My advice: don't post your own advert; there are already more than enough people looking for jobs; an employer doesn't have to follow up a spurious lead.

However; what do I know?; try it ....

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
This is the ad at Leboncoin:
Mis en ligne par sarl balanea le 29 dec à 18:01. Gérer votre annonce

Petit camping familiale, à 10 min de la mer, 6 km d’ile Rousse, 16 km de Calvi.
Postes à pourvoir :
- agents d'entretien CDD d’avril à septembre à temps plein ou partiel.
-Réceptionniste-serveur(se) CDD minimum de juillet à aout à temps plein ou partiel.
Expérience, CV et lettre de motivation souhaités
Possibilité de logement, nourris et blanchie.

[email protected]

There is a "balanea" website - check it out.
Good Luck
Hils

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.