Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I couldn't find the other marathon thread that was started about this series a few days ago.

Just watched the Wilson family and their week in Perth today. Unlike a lot of the other families featured I couldn't help but hope that it really works out for them 'downunder'. Didn't you think so? As always, it is the really close family ties that are the most difficult obstacle to making the move eh?
Anyway, Hi to all you 'sandgropers' in WA. Perth is also close to my heart after my first working holiday there back in 1982 and four trips since.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well done on starting a thread on this again.

yes we really wished them well, I wish you could find out who actually goes.

Sometimes there's great value in the programme in seeing why people dont go and how you think your own attitude is different!

It's amazing how many families vote Australia all the way through then UK when they see the videos from home. Leaving family is tough - you can either do it or you cant!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...living-australia/36204-wanted-down-under.html

(just in case you wanted to check out ELH's thread you mentioned)

Dolly

Thx Dolly. These threads seem to run at a tremendous pace. Last entry for that one was 7th Jan and didn'nt think I would need to go back so far considering it is showing daily on the BBC!

But definitely compulsory watching if you are thinking of emigrating to Oz. I think it would make a lot really think about what they are doing and the emotional impact it can have.

Going get back to my IPlayer tonight and watch todays!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Let us know where that episode was filmed and what the outcome was.....

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Damn, we dont get it here in India.. any idea where I can see it? After reading so much about it, I definitely want to have a peek :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, we dont get it here in India.. any idea where I can see it? After reading so much about it, I definitely want to have a peek :)
Hi anj1976, It doesn't matter where you are in the world as long as you have access to the internet (and perhaps enough bandwidth!) you can watch BBC programs using IPlayer. I am sure there is another thread somewhere where this has already been discussed and options suggested. But you can always PM me for details on how I have done it.

EDIT: Found it
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/am...downloading-eastenders-other-uk-programs.html

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'm gutted as it would eat away at our monthly quota....this will be something that everyone will have to get used to when they move here (it sucks!).

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Sure will have a look, thanks :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
we have unlimited but a 512 kbps connection which goes to max 1 mbps off peak hours..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I am in India, yet to get my visa :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got out the kleenex again with the Campbells and their destination Cairns. Jeez, again the stumbling block is those blinking family/friends dvds....can't they choose some who don't have any friends and family!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
'fraid not....getting used to the broadband here has been the hardest thing to adjust to. It's soooooo annoying. Mind you, our boys seem to have coped with the quota which I have been very surprised about.

Dolly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts