Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all those UK based, have you noticed that there is a new series of Wanted Downe Under starting today on BBC1 at 10am, it is then on daily

often shows a good insight into suburbs, cost of living etc

it will be available on i-player for all those who have read this post too late!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Oh I used to love watching that programme!

Some feedback would be nice (if anyone watches it).

Dolly

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

We'll be watching!!!:D
Looking forward to see how this new series turns out to be, locations, etc...

Busyte

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I used to love watching that programme!

Some feedback would be nice (if anyone watches it).

Dolly
I'll be watching it Dolly, what would you like to know?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Oh, just where they went each episode and what people thought of those areas etc....

Dolly

·
Registered
8 Posts
B*gger.... missed this! Very spooky that a new series starts just as we're beginning our journey towards settling in Aus.

It's on tomorrow, and every other morning, so plenty more for those of us who missed this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B*gger.... missed this! Very spooky that a new series starts just as we're beginning our journey towards settling in Aus.

It's on tomorrow, and every other morning, so plenty more for those of us who missed this.
this morning was about Brisbane I believe so track it down on BBC i-player if that interests you!

I have sky+ the series and will watch them whenever I need an Australia fix

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, of course, forgot all about i-player. Thanks very much for that.... I'll have a look now - in between wondering WHERE to start with our application for Oz :eek:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
for all those UK based, have you noticed that there is a new series of Wanted Downe Under starting today on BBC1 at 10am, it is then on daily

often shows a good insight into suburbs, cost of living etc

it will be available on i-player for all those who have read this post too late!
Thanks for the heads up. Makes the move seem more real after watching it on TV or PC. Now wheres that Visa form

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Does BBC I-player work outside of the UK geographic region? I think it will have geo-blocking so it can't be seen here (similar to Hulu in the USA).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update on the first show (especially for Dolly!)

Hannah family from Glasgow two sons aged 15 & 16

stayed in Redcliffe

looked at 3 bed houses ranging from $300,000 to $400,000

Brisbane hospital said they were really pleased with skills of Uk midwifes and they progress to senior levels quite quickly, they suggested a starting salary of $59,000 for a relatively senior job. Mrs Hannah was imprseed with quality of maternity care and staffing levels

he looked at two jobs

gardening for Botanic Gardens $40k a year

shipbuilding $60k a year

·
Registered
619 Posts
Does BBC I-player work outside of the UK geographic region? I think it will have geo-blocking so it can't be seen here (similar to Hulu in the USA).
Yes they do block people outside the country from viewing it. You would have to go through a UK proxy server to view it. I just signed up with ukproxyserver.co.uk to allow me to watch it. This will give me access to all the stations that broadcast online in UK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yay!! loved it the last time:love: we were addicted to watching lol, all the family round the sofa!
roll on ten am's.....!!snuggled up with my cuppa and a blanket to keep warm lol :(

·
Registered
619 Posts
yay!! loved it the last time:love: we were addicted to watching lol, all the family round the sofa!
roll on ten am's.....!!snuggled up with my cuppa and a blanket to keep warm lol :(

im disappointed that BBC only show the last 7 days of shows, and not an archive of all past shows.. would love to watch them all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wanted down under

im disappointed that BBC only show the last 7 days of shows, and not an archive of all past shows.. would love to watch them all.
Theres another series showing on sky channel 246 at 11am weekday mornings ......not sure which series though,
its also repeated on 247 at 12 noon i believe, just incase you missed any bits from the 11am showing hee hee:D, we had them all recorded last winter and we (ok i:rolleyes:) watched them over and over....lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Watched today 5th Jan 2010. Young couple went to Darwin, she was quite pregnant and they were both members of a large close family. You knew they were not the "move to the other side of the planet" types.

I like the new section, the Reality Check. I wish they would cover a little of the Visa requirement stuff, I personally think this is the most daunting part.

We felt odd watching today, the last time we watch the series we had applied for a Visa, this time we sat watching with our Visa Granted - Yippeeeeee!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watched today 5th Jan 2010. Young couple went to Darwin, she was quite pregnant and they were both members of a large close family. You knew they were not the "move to the other side of the planet" types.

I like the new section, the Reality Check. I wish they would cover a little of the Visa requirement stuff, I personally think this is the most daunting part.

We felt odd watching today, the last time we watch the series we had applied for a Visa, this time we sat watching with our Visa Granted - Yippeeeeee!!!!!
Yeah I thought the same about the couple. I watched it last year thinking about getting a visa started. This year I'm going to start it off before the end of January. Who did you use?. and what is the typical cost of the procss please. Bit cheeky I know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts