Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am a Venezuelan-American newly arrived in France 2 months ago on a tourist VISA. I came here to find work as a cook hoping to stay a few years if not forever!

I have one month left before the tourist visa is invalid so I bought a ticket back to the states, however with a return trip to Paris just 2 weeks later. BUT I am realizing that this is not ok under the Schengan policy. Should I change my entry to a different country??

I found a job and I started working 2 weeks ago so the boss decided to assist me in getting my visa. Problem is, I don't think he has ever filed this kind of paperwork before and so I am trying to figure out exactly which steps to take so I can get my long stay VISA approved the first time around.

1. What can I do to stay legally in France when when my tourist VISA runs out and I return 2 weeks later?

2. What exactly is meant by the "work contract" that my boss has to send to the DIRECCTE for approval? What specific information should be included so that it doesn't get rejected?

3. Why is it so complicated???!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am in love with Paris :) and I'd like to do anything I can to stay (marriage as the absolute laaaaaaaaaaaast resort)

Merci!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
50,385 Posts
Your new boss should know what is involved in a work contract if s/he is involved in hiring in France. Basically, your employer is supposed to submit all the paperwork BEFORE you start working. Once they get permission to hire a foreigner, DIRECCTE forwards the paperwork to the French consulate in your home country and they will set up an appointment for you to submit your dossier for a work visa. Chances are, it will take more than two weeks, but you are not legal to be working now on a tourist visa.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response! I know Im not supposed to work yet so for now it is a "stage" but they want me to continue working at the restaurant and I would like to as well so I'm wondering what information I should suggest my boss utilize so that his request for my work permit is approved the first time around!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.