Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is sara,
i was thinkin if anyone can help me find a way to live in UK with my bf. we plan to get marry...in god's willin... iam an american citizen. im also a full time student about to be done within the year to come..in god's willin... i have tried many sites and every site i saw has givin me different options which can get very confusin...
i hope this site can help me find a way to fix this problem...
any adivce..or anything....
where i go..where i start from...
thank u..

·
Administrator
50,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you saw in the other thread, your options are kind of limited. Either you get go for a fiancé visa (in which case you need to get married within 6 months of your arrival in the UK) or you find a job in the UK - which at the moment is a rather daunting prospect, with high unemployment, especially among those who are newly graduated from school.

Changing visa status after your arrival (i.e. from a work-related visa to a spousal visa) is also not a trivial matter.

If you're not ready to get married yet, you may have to content yourself with frequent short visits until you're better prepared to make that leap.
Cheers,
Bev

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you saw in the other thread, your options are kind of limited. Either you get go for a fiancé visa (in which case you need to get married within 6 months of your arrival in the UK) or you find a job in the UK - which at the moment is a rather daunting prospect, with high unemployment, especially among those who are newly graduated from school.

Changing visa status after your arrival (i.e. from a work-related visa to a spousal visa) is also not a trivial matter.

If you're not ready to get married yet, you may have to content yourself with frequent short visits until you're better prepared to make that leap.
Cheers,
Bev
hi Bev,

yes, your right there are many threads like mine.
it will be very hard to find a job, so i think the only option that is left will be the fiance visa. but, i didnt know that in UK they give you 6mths, here is usa a person has 3mths to get married, another three mths is fine,giving the person more time.
how long does it take to get approve for that visa?
thank you for taking the time to reply to me..
Sara

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi Bev,

yes, your right there are many threads like mine.
it will be very hard to find a job, so i think the only option that is left will be the fiance visa. but, i didnt know that in UK they give you 6mths, here is usa a person has 3mths to get married, another three mths is fine,giving the person more time.
how long does it take to get approve for that visa?
thank you for taking the time to reply to me..
Sara
darling...are you going for a uk visa? if so...then you need to look at money, stability and your ability to get some documents together....
am unsure if you are wanting to move perm ?
you need to either be engaged or married...either way (only a 6month wait time for work) you have loads of stuff to get together!
is he home? or are you both in the usa? if so...send him home and get him a job so he has proof of stability!
omg bev...i am sounding like yall!!! hahahha

·
Registered
281 Posts
OMG Peppera-Ann, it sounds like my student is doing very well! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Cheers,
Bev
i was telling hubby last night how proud i am of everyone on here and how much help yall have given. it means the world to me to have ppl i can talk to about this stuff!
thank all of yall for everything!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darling...are you going for a uk visa? if so...then you need to look at money, stability and your ability to get some documents together....
am unsure if you are wanting to move perm ?
you need to either be engaged or married...either way (only a 6month wait time for work) you have loads of stuff to get together!
is he home? or are you both in the usa? if so...send him home and get him a job so he has proof of stability!
omg bev...i am sounding like yall!!! hahahha
wow..PEPPERA..YOU GAVE IT TO ME LIKE IT IS..thank u....
yes sweetie he is in UK..works and lives there..THANK GOD...
get in engaged bt not marry right off the bat...get what i mean??
yea i want to move there PREM...
now i got some questions answered..good..thanks to you and others... bt still have a few unanswerd....
What kind of documents are we talking about...
i forgot about my other question....dame....Sorry
GIRL..help out a sister here....lay it all down..please...if you dont mind..if im not askin for much....
your help and advice means a lot
thank you,
sara

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok...i am doing this for the 2nd time..my session timed out grrr
ok
documentation and evidence:
this is stuff you will have to get together showing you are a couple with true feelings and will be marrying and staying together out of love not convience. Things like letters from both sides of parents and friends stating yall are a true couple. Cards, letters etc from one another. Bank statements (3 months prior to filing for visa) showing your savings amount. this should be an amount that will show you will not need government assistance untill you find a job. Letters from both your employers and 3-6 months of pay stubs. Proof that you will have adequate housing (i would include pictures, mortgage info etc.) you will both have to write a letter of intent (you are to marry and be a couple etc)
Keep in mind that all info should be original if at all possible. you will also need copies of everything (make two packets just in case it gets lost). your passport and any original certificates need to go in this packet so make notarized copies.
The packet should be well organzied (color coded etc) and so that they can make easy haste of finding info.
After you get your evidence and have sufficiant funds for all of this you file online and then you can either A. send it to the consulate in your designated area or B. (i highly recommend this it cuts out over half the wait time) is pay X amount of dollars (usally no more than $200) for an agent to hand deliver it for you. I would however research the said agent prior to handing over your hard earned money....ppl are all not nice and sweet you know! Once you do this online you will have to take you biometrics and then the waiting begins.....

Now bearing all this in mind...i have heard of a few ppl on here that have turned in only the bare minimum and still gotten approved. I however am not willing to waste the $1000 and time to get denied and then have to do it all over. so you do have a choice!~
I think that is it....but if you have any other questions holla! hope this helps <3
Pepper xoxoxo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok...i am doing this for the 2nd time..my session timed out grrr
ok
documentation and evidence:
this is stuff you will have to get together showing you are a couple with true feelings and will be marrying and staying together out of love not convience. Things like letters from both sides of parents and friends stating yall are a true couple. Cards, letters etc from one another. Bank statements (3 months prior to filing for visa) showing your savings amount. this should be an amount that will show you will not need government assistance untill you find a job. Letters from both your employers and 3-6 months of pay stubs. Proof that you will have adequate housing (i would include pictures, mortgage info etc.) you will both have to write a letter of intent (you are to marry and be a couple etc)
Keep in mind that all info should be original if at all possible. you will also need copies of everything (make two packets just in case it gets lost). your passport and any original certificates need to go in this packet so make notarized copies.
The packet should be well organzied (color coded etc) and so that they can make easy haste of finding info.
After you get your evidence and have sufficiant funds for all of this you file online and then you can either A. send it to the consulate in your designated area or B. (i highly recommend this it cuts out over half the wait time) is pay X amount of dollars (usally no more than $200) for an agent to hand deliver it for you. I would however research the said agent prior to handing over your hard earned money....ppl are all not nice and sweet you know! Once you do this online you will have to take you biometrics and then the waiting begins.....

Now bearing all this in mind...i have heard of a few ppl on here that have turned in only the bare minimum and still gotten approved. I however am not willing to waste the $1000 and time to get denied and then have to do it all over. so you do have a choice!~
I think that is it....but if you have any other questions holla! hope this helps <3
Pepper xoxoxo
THANK U.....:)
all this is well put into details...
i read it like four times n my eyes r like....wow..dame...:(
i need to get down to business n do what i got to do...
im goin to put your advice to use and hopefully all goes WELL...
if anything i WILL get back to you...:)....hopefully u will still b around...U HAVE TO B...

thank you for all this...kind of you...
sara,xoxoxxxxxxx

·
Registered
281 Posts
THANK U.....:)
all this is well put into details...
i read it like four times n my eyes r like....wow..dame...:(
i need to get down to business n do what i got to do...
im goin to put your advice to use and hopefully all goes WELL...
if anything i WILL get back to you...:)....hopefully u will still b around...U HAVE TO B...

thank you for all this...kind of you...
sara,xoxoxxxxxxx
your defo welcome and yer ill still be around. i still gotta get through it myself. And all this info is from the last two years researching on here so lets give a shout out to all the lovelies on here for making it happen
woooot! THANKS YALL!
Pepperxoxox

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.