Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and i have searched high and low for answers on the internet but have not come up with anything, so i'm hoping that someone has been in my shoes that can offer me advice and information on how to go about it.

Both my partner and i were born in the UK but we left in 2003 and moved to Cyprus, we have now both decided we want to come back but we don't know how to go about it. We will be bringing our car back and kids in tow but we will not have alot of money, We do not have a house so we will be starting from scratch all over again. I really need advice on who i can contact, can we sort out housing and benefits before we move back?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

·
Banned
151 Posts
Hello,

I am also a UK expat in Cyprus. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to move back? I have only been out here a while and i am already finding a few things not too my liking but then i remember places like luton, blackburn, telford and it makes me feel better again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i dnt know why you guys move out of the country in the 1st place

but anyway its nice to know that you guys want to come back

just let me know where in uk you guys want to move back?

:)

·
Administrator
49,765 Posts
Chances are that any entitlement to benefits you have on moving back to the UK will be in the form of extensions of whatever benefits you are receiving currently in Cyprus. Normally you have to have been contributing to the local system for some period of time before you are eligible.

Do you have any friends or family back in the UK who can help you on the housing front? Otherwise I think you may very well be starting from scratch again.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.