Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Im moved recently ( 1 month ago) to lyon (villeurbanne) with my husband. And I have to admit im starting to feel a bit lonely here. I was wondering if there is anyone who wants to meet like in the evening in a pub to talk a bit of their experiences and what its like to live in france, how easyily you find a job etc.
Well if anyone is interested please do not hesitate to contact me, we could meet like with a group of people.

greets
Rim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello there,

Im moved recently ( 1 month ago) to lyon (villeurbanne) with my husband. And I have to admit im starting to feel a bit lonely here. I was wondering if there is anyone who wants to meet like in the evening in a pub to talk a bit of their experiences and what its like to live in france, how easyily you find a job etc.
Well if anyone is interested please do not hesitate to contact me, we could meet like with a group of people.

greets
Rim
Hey Rim, I'm always up for meeting new people and having a drink at a pub, so send me a PM if you'd like to meet up sometime.

My wife and I live in the 6th, just a few blocks the border with villeurbanne, so we might be neighbors :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Rim
Yeah that sounds like a great idea - I am also new to Lyon and it would be great to meet some new people.
Charlene
Hey Charlene,
Do you still want to meet? Send me a PM when it would be best for you.
take care
rim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Charlene,
Do you still want to meet? Send me a PM when it would be best for you.
take care
rim
Yes I would like to meet, can you send me an email?? I have not been on this site long enough and I don't know where my personal inbox/outboz is yet - I will go have a look now!!
Charlene

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there,

greets
Rim
Hi There,
I'm a musician in lyon. Originally from Ethiopia, it's been 19 yrs now that I live and work in lyon, I will be Organising a Soul Food event the 18th of Nov. I would be happy you come with your husband and friends, you will most probably have the occasion to meet a lot of people from different nationalities living in Lyon. I will send you all the infos for the event below.
Starting at 7 pm
at Ninkasi (gerland) 267, rue Marcel Mériuex 69007
free entrance
Soul food (Dinner and music ) with Dj Salomé

FOOD - "BBQ ribs,fried chicken, corn bread, collard greens, gralic mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, dumplings, chitterlings,candied yams, black eyed peas, pork chops..."

MUSIC - Ray Charles, Al Green, Otis Redding, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, The Jackson Five, The Temptations, James Brown, The Commodores, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandros, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield.... ou encore Maxwell, The Black Eyed Peas, Wycleef Jean, Lauryn Hill, John Legend, Angie Stone, Gnarls Barkley...

·
Registered
136 Posts
FOOD - "BBQ ribs,fried chicken, corn bread, collard greens, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, dumplings, chitterlings,candied yams, black eyed peas, pork chops..."
Wow, you just listed most of my top favorite foods (except chitlins, I don't much care for them). I grew up in the US south (Texas), and if you add some gumbo, tacos, and tamales to that list, you would have all my favorite foods :)

MUSIC - Ray Charles, Al Green, Otis Redding, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, The Jackson Five, The Temptations, James Brown, The Commodores, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandros, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield.... ou encore Maxwell, The Black Eyed Peas, Wycleef Jean, Lauryn Hill, John Legend, Angie Stone, Gnarls Barkley...
Some really good music too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi There,
I'm a musician in lyon. Originally from Ethiopia, it's been 19 yrs now that I live and work in lyon, I will be Organising a Soul Food event the 18th of Nov. I would be happy you come with your husband and friends, you will most probably have the occasion to meet a lot of people from different nationalities living in Lyon. I will send you all the infos for the event below.
Starting at 7 pm
at Ninkasi (gerland) 267, rue Marcel Mériuex 69007
free entrance
Soul food (Dinner and music ) with Dj Salomé

FOOD - "BBQ ribs,fried chicken, corn bread, collard greens, gralic mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, dumplings, chitterlings,candied yams, black eyed peas, pork chops..."

Hi there,

Sounds GREAT!!!!! You can count me in because i'am comming!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, you just listed most of my top favorite foods (except chitlins, I don't much care for them). I grew up in the US south (Texas), and if you add some gumbo, tacos, and tamales to that list, you would have all my favorite foods :)

Some really good music too!
Great, you will be welcome aswell, with your wife family and friends,
for more information you could check on Ninkasi's site.
Hope to see you there
cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi rim,
I'm not quite as new to Lyon (almost 9 months since I moved here!) but would love to spend an evening in a pub sharing stories about life in France. I work in Villeurbanne -- if you're interested we could meet up after work hours someday.
Cheers!

Hello there,

greets
Rim

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Ninkasi site is a good place to meet friends. There are many Ninkasi bars in Lyon and the beer is quite cheap!

Helenely, http:lyoncityblog.fr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone!

I am new to Lyon too and am sooo looking for some people to get to know!
I moved here in September from Vancouver, Canada and I live in Villeurbanne with my girlfriend. I am teaching English to children, but I have a Bachelors of Design in Fashion Design and am looking for work in that industry.
It would be nice to meet some new people to chat with about all the changes etc :)
I went to Ninkasi for a Déstructuré night and it was very fun! I should maybe check out the other nights they have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Basket-ball

Hi everyone!

I moved here in September from Vancouver, Canada and I live in Villeurbanne with my girlfriend. I am teaching English to children, but I have a Bachelors of Design in Fashion Design and am looking for work in that industry.
It would be nice to meet some new people to chat with about all the changes etc :)
I went to Ninkasi for a Déstructuré night and it was very fun! I should maybe check out the other nights they have.
Hello,

If you live in Villeurbanne and you like basket-ball, you might be interested in basket-ball matches at the Astroballe (between Villeurbanne and Vaulx-en-Velun.

If you want to see films in English, you can go to the Zola cinema or if you prefer to jog, go to the Park Tête d'Or (near the Botanica shop)....

Have a nice stay in Lyon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everyone!

hi miss conbaby

if you ever go again to ninkasi or if you know another pub please let me go, we'll meet there if you're interested.
Au revoir !!
rim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.