Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i'm from NY and got a student visa to study french at the Sorbonne, the semester is over and i want to stay to do another. The next semester starts the end of january 2010 and goes to May, the problem is my visa expires in March. The Sorbonne won't let me register without a visa good for the full term of the semester. I have my carte de sejour, but from everything i've read you can only renew it a month before it expires, and of course that would be too late for me. So does anyone know what i can do now to get it renewed in time to register for the next semester. I have about a month to get this all done. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
We'll see if anyone can come up with a solution, but I suspect you may be between a rock and a hard place here. The idea with a student visa is supposed to be that you get your visa for the entire period of time you want to take classes, and if you change your mind after you get to France, you generally are expected to return home and re-apply for another visa.

Then again, nothing is impossible in France.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.