Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the reason I'm writing is because I am interested in studying a master's degree in the US. After I finish studying, do I get like a temporary worker visa, like in Australia? Or do I have to be sponsored. If the latter were to happen, what would my chances be to get sponsored? (I am an agricultural engineer). Thanks a lot

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Hey guys, the reason I'm writing is because I am interested in studying a master's degree in the US. After I finish studying, do I get like a temporary worker visa, like in Australia? Or do I have to be sponsored. If the latter were to happen, what would my chances be to get sponsored? (I am an agricultural engineer). Thanks a lot
First you have to apply, get accepted and get your Masters. You know that you will need the funds for tuition, living expenses and emergencies for the first year plus the source for the reminder of your studies at the visa interview. The option of a study related work extension is OTP. USCis.gov is your source for details.

There is no wa to tell,how your chances for employment and sponsorship will be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are postgrad students and their dependants allowed to work? (Eg. Australia) that would be very important and would make me choose one or another. Thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts