Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Need some advise.

My husband and I would like to apply Visa 190 - because our jobs are not listed in the SOL but it is in the CSOL. However, we couldn't find any occupation list in any state that is suitable for our job. Someone in another forum has brought to my attention however, that our jobs is available in South Australia Supplementary Skilled list, but we would need 80 points for that.

My question is, anyone went that route before? Is it hard to get 80 points? Anyone lodged EOI without jobs in the state occupation list? Maybe when you lodge EOI some company in Aus found you and sponsored you (does it work that way)?

We have registered to take IELTS - hoping to score high band for more points.. We are also planning to get our skills assessed (vetassess).

Planning to do this without migration agents so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It's theoretically possible to lodge an EOI and have an employer sponsor you (i.e. the system is set up to allow this), but in reality this never ever happens.

If your occupation is only available for state sponsorship through a supplementary list, then your only options are:
- improve your points in IELTS or other areas (e.g. wait to get more work experience) until you can achieve 80 points (this is often simply not possible)
- look for an employer to sponsor, which is also often very difficult
- wait and hope the need for your occupations increases and they are added to more state lists

Unfortunately it's often not possible for people to migrate if there isn't a demand in Australia for their skills.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts