Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i was wondering is it possible to get Condition 8503 i.e No further stay clause waived. I am planning to marry on Visitors Visa. Has anyone applied for waiving of this condition and have they been successful. Please let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You might need to show compelling and compassionate circumstances so you could lodge a substantive visa application onshore.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Guys, i was wondering is it possible to get Condition 8503 i.e No further stay clause waived. I am planning to marry on Visitors Visa. Has anyone applied for waiving of this condition and have they been successful. Please let me know.
Not possible. If 8503 is there you cannot apply for onshore spouse visa. You have to return to your country and then you can apply.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not possible. If 8503 is there you cannot apply for onshore spouse visa. You have to return to your country and then you can apply.
But I have read somewhere that it is possible as mentioned by council. So how to go around

text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It is only possible due to compelling and compassionate reasons that occurred after being granted your current visa, e.g. severe medical condition that prevented you from travelling so you needed to get a short-term visitor visa to remain in Australia.

Simply wanting to marry while on a tourist visa will not get the NFS condition waived, otherwise everyone would ask for this.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this scenario possible.
I am on visitor visa. Visa is valid for 03 months. I get married on 15th day. Still i have 75 days. Can i ask my agent in India to apply for Spouse Visa. So that i can save 2 1/2 months of processing time. Or i have to be in India and give an undertaking that i am not in Australia at the time of applying for the visa.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is this scenario possible.
I am on visitor visa. Visa is valid for 03 months. I get married on 15th day. Still i have 75 days. Can i ask my agent in India to apply for Spouse Visa. So that i can save 2 1/2 months of processing time. Or i have to be in India and give an undertaking that i am not in Australia at the time of applying for the visa.

In theory this is possible.

However it might be a violation of tourist visa conditions to use it to get onshore just to file for a different visa.

And it would seem to cost more to do so.

Might be good to consult a migration agent.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys,

I have filled the application form for visitors visa.
Documents
Application forms
iTR
Bank passbook latest
Fixed deposits
Leave letter
Covering letter
Hotel confirmation
2 photos

I am planning to make the application on my own and not to engage an agent

How should i go around. Take primt of all the documents and courier it to Australian High Commission new delhi

Fees ls 135$. It translates to 6900/- should the dd be in aud or indian rupees

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It doesn't matter where your agent is when they lodge the application, YOU cannot be in Australia at the time (they confirm this by your passport #). So you will need to wait until you've left Australia before you can apply.

Reactions: council

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys,

I have filled the application form for visitors visa.
Documents
Application forms
iTR
Bank passbook latest
Fixed deposits
Leave letter
Covering letter
Hotel confirmation
2 photos

I am planning to make the application on my own and not to engage an agent

How should i go around. Take primt of all the documents and courier it to Australian High Commission new delhi

Fees ls 135$. It translates to 6900/- should the dd be in aud or indian rupees

My 2 cent advice. The rejection rate is very high. Make sure before applying you mention the exact reason for the visit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2 cent advice. The rejection rate is very high. Make sure before applying you mention the exact reason for the visit.
Should i tell them i want to go for getting married. They will not even turn the pages of my application. They will directly reject it.

<TTStyledTextFrame: 0x18288540>

·
Registered
175 Posts
Should i tell them i want to go for getting married. They will not even turn the pages of my application. They will directly reject it.

<TTStyledTextFrame: 0x18288540>
I would not do that. Even i would not mention the name of the person who I will be getting married.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What if my employer is not willing to give me leave grant letter. What should be done then ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys urgent help required on this question. I have two properties in joint name with my family and a car. Do you think I should attach these documents alongwith my visitor visa application to make my case stronger. I am lodging the application today. So immediate reply would be appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys urgent help required on this question. I have two properties in joint name with my family and a car. Do you think I should attach these documents alongwith my visitor visa application to make my case stronger. I am lodging the application today. So immediate reply would be appreciated.

Yes, you should. Also, send any proof which will help them assess that you will return back. My visitor visa documents weighed 500 gms when I sent them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lodged the application with lots of supporting documents. The lady at VFS told me that they won't reject for small reasons and will give you a chance beforehand for clarification or more documents.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys, I applied for visitor visa on 21/07 and got a grant on 22/07 i.e within 24 hours. My visa has only two conditions. No Work (8101) and study only upto 03 months (8201) I was lucky not to have condition 8503 on my visa. My visa says must not arrive after 22nd October 2015. The duration of visa is for 03 months. So does that mean i have to visit Australia before this date. And if i fly in August my 03 months will start from the day I arrive or I have to fly back before 22nd October. Please clarify this situation

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Guys, I applied for visitor visa on 21/07 and got a grant on 22/07 i.e within 24 hours. My visa has only two conditions. No Work (8101) and study only upto 03 months (8201) I was lucky not to have condition 8503 on my visa. My visa says must not arrive after 22nd October 2015. The duration of visa is for 03 months. So does that mean i have to visit Australia before this date. And if i fly in August my 03 months will start from the day I arrive or I have to fly back before 22nd October. Please clarify this situation
You have 3 months of stay, from date of arrival.

If you do not arrive by 22 Oct, then your visa may automatically expire.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You must arrive before October 22nd, and you can remain for 3 months from the date you arrive. So if you arrive on October 21st you can remain in Australia for 3 months from that date.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You must arrive before October 22nd, and you can remain for 3 months from the date you arrive. So if you arrive on October 21st you can remain in Australia for 3 months from that date.
Is this scenario possible. I enter Australia in August 2015 and leave on 15th October. Then again i come bck on 20 October for more 03 months. Coz may visa states multiple entries. And visa expiry date is 22nd October

1 - 20 of 34 Posts