Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if there were any cafes/restaurants in the International arrivals hall at Melbourne airport. Our flight is landing quite early and we'll have a few hours to kill before we can check-in to our Airbnb. Any recommendations for where we could wait it out? (preferably at the airport itself since we will have all our luggage with us)
Wifi would be great too!

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
There's a small cafe just outside of arrivals (to the left of the exit from customs) but it's often packed and there is limited seating. If you go upstairs to the departures level, there's a McDonalds to the left side of the terminal (heading towards T3 - Virgin Australia Terminal). There's also a Cafe Vue Express - better food and coffee, but far less seating. Occasionally there are open seats around the departures area - you could always grab a sandwich and coffee from Vue and sit there and wait. There are a few other chain food places behind the Qantas check in counters to the right side of the terminal, Hungry Jack's and Subway I think (past the ANZ, heading towards T1).

You'll get pretty bored very quickly if you have to stay in the departures area for a few hours. There is wifi.

Depending on where your AIrbnb is and how much luggage you're carrying, it might actually be better if you waited close to there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks! Flight lands at 5 am so not sure if anything's going to even be open then. Although from what I hear about the immigration queues at Melbourne airport, we will probably only get out a couple of hours later. (yikes!)

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Great! Thanks! Flight lands at 5 am so not sure if anything's going to even be open then. Although from what I hear about the immigration queues at Melbourne airport, we will probably only get out a couple of hours later. (yikes!)
The queue won't be too bad at that hour, it's worse later in the morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts