Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fello has been approved under SINP.We have applied for permanent residence from Ireland.He has full time job offer in SK.Can we get temporary work permit when entering Canada.We are unmarried with 4 kids.Would we have to buy return tickets. Also we would need study permits for kids whom are all under 18

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Dealdish. I think I have been speaking with your husband over on baords.ie.hahaha.
You would really be best off getting your work permit before leaving, just to be sure there is no complications.

Will ye do medicals over there? or in Ireland, or the PR?

Will ye fly our of shannon or dublin? Airtransat do a flight direct to toronto, which means no extra visa's for going through the us.

Good luck in your adventure :)

·
Banned
709 Posts
Thanks so much so just book flights and bring sinp approval and job offer.seriously is it that easy
No, it's not that easy. To my knowledge, you can't just take your SNIP approval and get a TWP. You have to await your PR application to run its course.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, it's not that easy. To my knowledge, you can't just take your SNIP approval and get a TWP. You have to await your PR application to run its course.

Well, it seems the residency takes about a year (email from saskimmigration today). But the work permit takes 6-8 weeks to come through. You cant just show up at border control it seems.

·
Banned
709 Posts
My wife applied for PR, it took a year (actually, about 15 months), about 3 months before she got her final paperwork, CIC sent a one year TWP.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Hi Dealdish. I think I have been speaking with your husband over on baords.ie.hahaha.
You would really be best off getting your work permit before leaving, just to be sure there is no complications.

Will ye do medicals over there? or in Ireland, or the PR?

Will ye fly our of shannon or dublin? Airtransat do a flight direct to toronto, which means no extra visa's for going through the us.

Good luck in your adventure :)
One word of warning with Air Transat... while their fares may be good, please be sure to read the fine print in regards to baggage allowances.

Did you know that Air Transat only allows you ONE piece of carry on luggage (other than a camera/laptop or purse) and you are limited to 11 (eleven) pounds (5kg) in that piece of carry on luggage. They weigh ALL carry on baggage and will charge you an arm and a leg if you are over the 11 pound limit.

You are allowed ONE checked bag, and it must not be more than 51 (fifty one) pounds (23kg)... if you are between 24-32kg, there is a CAD 75$ fee.

If you want to take a second piece of checked luggage, the fee is CAD 100$ for the first piece and CAD 200$ for the second.

Air Canada flies between Canada and the UK, so you might want to check them out. Their Economy Class seats are slightly larger than Air Transat's and they don't have the same carry on bag weight restriction and their excess luggage allowance fees are lower (and they offer a discount if you pay in advance).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.