Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I submitted my application for a 457 visa on 16-January. I was told to expect further notice within 4 weeks, so I expect a communication before mid-February.

I have a contract with my new job in Oz, but the start date is dependent on the visa application process. My new manager there is very understanding of the process, so there is no problem there.

However, my girlfriend is coming as a de facto spouse. She has a job opportunity there (international transfer through her company), but they are pressuring her for a specific date, and they want her to come very soon.

Apparently, others in her company have entered Oz under a different kind of visa during the 457 application process, to hold them over until the 457 gets approved. They are requesting that she and I do the same, is this possible?

If so, what type of visa would that be? Would it be a 462 (Work & Holiday)?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

There isn't a faster work visa than a 457, the WHV is a part-time work visa (it has limits on how many months you can work). Hold out for the 457 as it shouldn't be that much longer.

I submitted my application for a 457 visa on 16-January. I was told to expect further notice within 4 weeks, so I expect a communication before mid-February.

I have a contract with my new job in Oz, but the start date is dependent on the visa application process. My new manager there is very understanding of the process, so there is no problem there.

However, my girlfriend is coming as a de facto spouse. She has a job opportunity there (international transfer through her company), but they are pressuring her for a specific date, and they want her to come very soon.

Apparently, others in her company have entered Oz under a different kind of visa during the 457 application process, to hold them over until the 457 gets approved. They are requesting that she and I do the same, is this possible?

If so, what type of visa would that be? Would it be a 462 (Work & Holiday)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts