Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know I'm asking over and over same question but i'm really worry now please if anyone can help me about this, i apply spouse visa in December on same day service but I'm still waiting of HO REPLY despite of contact with them and even contact with local MP no one being helpful, mp said they said we will finish this case as soon as possible that was 3 month ago i ring them many time they saying its still in process, please let me know if there is another way ? it,s been almost going to 6 month complete..... many many thanks!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Have you really no idea as to why your particular application is taking so long?

Is yours a straightforward application? All the documentation, sponsor in stable job, applicant NOT from a suspicious country, no skeletons in the cupboard?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes Crawford my application is quite straight forward and my partner still stable on job, my only concern about when i took the extension in 2013 i apply with toeic test maybe that's why, as i was students that time , rest off country I'm from Pakistan , they didn't do anything yet not even asked me anything or any post as i went Croydon on same day service with wife they didn't even asked much just told me there is further enquiries we will get back to you in afew weeks, but still haven't heard anything from them

·
Banned
69 Posts
Have you really no idea as to why your particular application is taking so long?

Is yours a straightforward application? All the documentation, sponsor in stable job, applicant NOT from a suspicious country, no skeletons in the cupboard?
What countries are considered suspicious? My wife's from Iran.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I'm afraid Iranians have been flagged as those requiring extra scrutiny (from previous experience).
I suggest you go back to your MP and ask them to make a special enquiry about this long delay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joppa i will wait it's not easy withdraw and reapply , finger crossed hope they will reply me till june,, thanks for your help anyway .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Joppa can you please tell me as you know I'm still waiting for spouse visa from last 6 months , i got student visa before but not working hours , my question is can i ask from home office send me work permits while my case is pending. ? Can they give me permission of work. ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No they don't, as your right to work is dependent upon getting your spouse leave.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone got idea what will Could be outcome. ? As I'm still waiting from more then 8th months still haven't heard anything from ukvi , did apply in December 2014 same day service for spouse visa nothing helping despite of take help from local Mp and contact with ukvi respectively 😯

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.