Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so now it isthe waiting game it has been 14 working days since I have heard from the uk about my visa and the email said it was getting ready to be reviewed by a entry clearance officer..I have been cheking me email nonstop and all I can think about is this visa...my husband is in the hm forces so i dont know if it will take longer then normal or what.. I have been trying to keep busy packing unpacking checking my email,cleaning,and going out places.. is there anybody else out there waiting to hear back from the uk about there spousal visa??could it be taking longer because it is closer to the holidays??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Things are definitely taking longer. I believe that when the new application website was being put into place, it slowed things down. Also Joppa told me that as the holidays approach, times slow down significantly.

My application reached the UKBA on 8 November, and they sent me an email stating they'd received my application and support documents on 11 November. We didn't EVER hear anything again. I received an email from FedEx on 27 November saying that a package was being shipped to me from Sheffield. I received a package on 29 November and my passport with visa was inside. My visa was stamped 12 November, so it looks like they processed it the day they emailed me and it was all ready to go the entire time I was waiting. Either way, I waited 12 business days for any kind of news... and only because I was sent the tracking email from FedEx, did I know anything was coming.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had the same feeling when we were waiting for my fiance's visa, i checked my email more than 30x a day to check if there's new email and just to find out the my fiance's visa was turned down for the second time.

Anyway nothing you can do to be honest, be patient and be positive.. it will come soon Goodluck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Things are definitely taking longer. I believe that when the new application website was being put into place, it slowed things down. Also Joppa told me that as the holidays approach, times slow down significantly.

My application reached the UKBA on 8 November, and they sent me an email stating they'd received my application and support documents on 11 November. We didn't EVER hear anything again. I received an email from FedEx on 27 November saying that a package was being shipped to me from Sheffield. I received a package on 29 November and my passport with visa was inside. My visa was stamped 12 November, so it looks like they processed it the day they emailed me and it was all ready to go the entire time I was waiting. Either way, I waited 12 business days for any kind of news... and only because I was sent the tracking email from FedEx, did I know anything was coming.

Best of luck!
Thank you I hope to hear something very soon .. I want to be there for christmas since I didnt get to spend christmas with him last year. and that is crazy I have been checking my email every second of the day but nothing yet.. and my package got there on the 16th of november and i got a email the 18th of november that it was getting ready to be processed by a entry clearance officer.. everyday i dont hear something it breaks my heart a little more and my hubby has been down because he wants me there with him..but i stay strong for him.. we are both very impatient

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same feeling when we were waiting for my fiance's visa, i checked my email more than 30x a day to check if there's new email and just to find out the my fiance's visa was turned down for the second time.

Anyway nothing you can do to be honest, be patient and be positive.. it will come soon Goodluck.
I am so sorry to hear that :( why did u get refused for ? and thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can totally understand and sympathize. The waiting was torturous. I knew that it hadn't been *that* long, and when it was all over, it would be realized that it really wasn't long to wait, but we'll never forget that time and how much we went through.

Out of curiosity, did you apply using Priority Processing? That's another thing that could effect processing times.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can totally understand and sympathize. The waiting was torturous. I knew that it hadn't been *that* long, and when it was all over, it would be realized that it really wasn't long to wait, but we'll never forget that time and how much we went through.

Out of curiosity, did you apply using Priority Processing? That's another thing that could effect processing times.
No I wish I did though=(

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that :( why did u get refused for ? and thank you
First refusal April 2013 / ECO think we are getting married for convenience and they did not believe our relationship is genuine

Second Refusal Ocober 2013 /ECO said my Fiance did not meet the requirerd score for english language >.<

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First refusal April 2013 / ECO think we are getting married for convenience and they did not believe our relationship is genuine

Second Refusal Ocober 2013 /ECO said my Fiance did not meet the requirerd score for english language >.<
I am so sorry good luck to you guys in the near future ..never give up hope though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there!
We sent my spouse settlement application on Nov 29 (Friday), arrived on that Monday the 2nd and I just got an email this Friday the 6th that a decision has been made. Now, we didn't even do expedited shipping and of course I am going to be a nervous wreck all weekend.
Good luck! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi there!
We sent my spouse settlement application on Nov 29 (Friday), arrived on that Monday the 2nd and I just got an email this Friday the 6th that a decision has been made. Now, we didn't even do expedited shipping and of course I am going to be a nervous wreck all weekend.
Good luck! Keep us posted!
Im in the same position as you. Got the "your visa will be despatched shorty" email on Thursday, now just waiting until the weekend goes so we can collect early next week.

This is maybe the first time in my life i wished there was no weekend!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hear you loud and clear man. It's a tough one. The app and biometrics arrived 26 Nov and I've yet to hear anything. I constantly have my gmail up on my phone. Keepin busy, keeping up with the workouts,sleeping weird hours but at least sleeping. Staying between friends' houses, waiting. It's terrifying. I really hope you get to be with your guy soon. Hugs M

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im in the same position as you. Got the "your visa will be despatched shorty" email on Thursday, now just waiting until the weekend goes so we can collect early next week.

This is maybe the first time in my life i wished there was no weekend!
Oh my goodness! The weekend dragged, but good news, just got my visa approval in the mail! :) I hope you get the same results soon! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.