Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I submitted my 189 - EOI with 60 points on April 1st 2015 - for 2613.
Unfortunately the ceilings is over now and can get it only coming July. Some questions:

1. Will there be any changes to the process in 2015 July?
2. Will I get through the first round to get the invite?
3. How long will it take get the VISA after I submit the application with all valid documents? What is the general time line after submitting the application?

I am sure there are many others like me here. So created a thread.

Thanks,
Aravind

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am also in the same situation..
EOI submitted on 4/22 for 2613..
Really anxious about the rule change which is gonna happen, if any..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi abindh

Dont worry there are so many who are just like you..I am one among them..submitted EOI for 2613 on 13/04/15 with 60 points

- From rules perspective, two changes are possible
1. 2613 was already flagged during last financial year..so they can take it off from the new SOL for coming financial year starting from July. Logically the chances are very less..Australia still need more software engineers, worst case they will reduce the count.
2. Visa fees will be increased by a small amount..

- Since you have only 60 points most likely by July 2nd round.

- For eg. If you got the invite by July end and you will submit the visa in a week , n upload the documents without any delay..then probably by October end or November you can fly.

Regards
Afdal

Hi All,

I submitted my 189 - EOI with 60 points on April 1st 2015 - for 2613.
Unfortunately the ceilings is over now and can get it only coming July. Some questions:

1. Will there be any changes to the process in 2015 July?
2. Will I get through the first round to get the invite?
3. How long will it take get the VISA after I submit the application with all valid documents? What is the general time line after submitting the application?

I am sure there are many others like me here. So created a thread.

Thanks,
Aravind

Reactions: tt2

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi,
I am in the same boat as you guys. Submitted my EOI on 14th May and waiting anxiously for the outcome in July.
Every year the immigration department seeks advise from an advisory body regarding flagging or removing of any occupation from the SOL.
This advise is critical as this helps them decide as to which occupation is in high demand and which occupation has an oversupply of candidates and low vacancies and should be removed from the SOL.
The report is given to the immigration department around Nov-Dec of the previous year for next years inclusion.
If you check the link http://www.industry.gov.au/industry.../2015Submissions/Department-of-Employment.pdf

it is last years recommendation given to the immigration department.
As per the PDF what I can understand and gather is as below....
1) There is a list of occupations advised to be removed from next year
Summary of recommendations
Add
 3241‐11 Panelbeater
Remove
Accountants
 2211‐11 Accountant (General)
 2211‐12 Management Accountant
 2211‐13 Taxation Accountant

Flag (or continue to flag)
ICT professions
 2611‐11 ICT Business Analyst
 2611‐12 Systems Analyst
 2613‐11 Analyst Programmer
 2613‐12 Developer Programmer
 2613‐13 Software Engineer
2631‐11 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
 2633‐11 Telecommunications Engineer
 2633‐12 Telecommunications Network Engineer

So in a nutshell they have advise that ICT occupations should be flagged or continue to be flagged for next year. So there is a high chance as per my thinking that they will not be removed although there may be some cut in the no. of positions.
It is mentioned in the report
"The Department’s research shows that there is very strong competition from applicants who hold a
bachelor degree or higher qualification in an ICT related field for available jobs, and that employers fill their
ICT vacancies with ease. The Department also notes that some commentators suggest that shortages are
likely (or already evident); there is relatively high use of 457 visas in these professions; and an imbalance
exists between domestic and international students.
 It is important to weigh up the employment outcomes of graduates against any risk of shortages in the
longer term if a fall in overseas student numbers reduces new supply.
The Department does not make any recommendation about these ICT professions but suggests that they
be flagged (or continue to be flagged) for further monitoring."
The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
vacancies is strong and, in 2014, there was an average of 49.9 applicants per surveyed vacancy (up from
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013).
The conclusion is as below...
"The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
vacancies is strong and, in 2014, there was an average of 49.9 applicants per surveyed vacancy (up from
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013)."

Going by this I hope they do not remove the code 2613 from SOL as it will be really heartbreaking for people like us who have invested so much already be it monetary or mentally.

All the best to ALL of us.
Cheers.

Reactions: R.P.G

·
Registered
35 Posts
Judging by that linked document, 2613 won't be removed this year, but it will be flagged for monitoring. It looks like an occupation first has to be flagged, then moved up to recommended for removal before it actually gets removed from the SOL. This would make sense, as it at least provides warning to prospective visa applicants.

I'm going to be making an EOI next week for 2613. So I'm in the same boat as others here. I think a removal without at least a recommendation for removal would make a lot of applicants very angry.

I remember also reading some articles somewhere that ICT positions are still growing at a rate of over 9% per year, so removing them from the list doesn't sound so logical.

Of course, this is mostly conjecture, speculation and hope that they don't remove 2613. I would like a crack at being Aussie, please?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I discussed this with my consultant (MARA registered and has high reputation in dealing OZ migration) as anxiety was killing me.
She assured me that every year such rumours(some of my friends also frightened me by saying the same about rule change) come up towards the end of the year, but nothing much happens related to the 2613 field.
She was quite confident that I will be getting the invite by july end or early august max.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The truth is no one knows about it until they will publish it. Hopefully by mid of June the list will be out.. What everyone is doing is guessing it from.. what they have assessed in the past years...hoping for the best...fingers crossed.

By the way shivali what's ur score and submission date?

I discussed this with my consultant (MARA registered and has high reputation in dealing OZ migration) as anxiety was killing me.
She assured me that every year such rumours(some of my friends also frightened me by saying the same about rule change) come up towards the end of the year, but nothing much happens related to the 2613 field.
She was quite confident that I will be getting the invite by july end or early august max.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yup..hope for the best.. :)

Submitted EOI on april 22 with 60 points.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So at least some of us will get the visa on same duration.. Hopefully by July end

Regards
Afdal

Yup..hope for the best..

Submitted EOI on april 22 with 60 points.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I am in a similar situation, but I am 2611 - ICT Business Analyst.
I am just about to apply for ACS skill assessment, and will be submitting EOI as soon as possible.
My concern is that I only have 60 points, but I could get 5 for spouse skills and apply for state nomination, but my consultant advised that it won't be necessary. I hope he is right, as I would like to avoid any delays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts