Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we apllied for an AFP police check and they sent from Australia on the 16th of May it has been 11 days and we havent recieved it, we are based in ASIA is this normal delivery time for an AFP check?

Please could people who have applied tell us how long it took from posting of AFP checks to recieving it Overseas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello, we apllied for an AFP police check and they sent from Australia on the 16th of May it has been 11 days and we havent recieved it, we are based in ASIA is this normal delivery time for an AFP check?

Please could people who have applied tell us how long it took from posting of AFP checks to recieving it Overseas?
Gve them a call and check heard someone didn't receive it after 15 days they resent it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gve them a call and check heard someone didn't receive it after 15 days they resent it
How many days did it take for you to get the AFP through post. Do they send it on registered post or the normal post?

I got a communication from AFP 8 days back informing me that they are about to send it through AUS post. Im yet to receive the same :(

Appreciate your reply :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
How many days did it take for you to get the AFP through post. Do they send it on registered post or the normal post?

I got a communication from AFP 8 days back informing me that they are about to send it through AUS post. Im yet to receive the same :(

Appreciate your reply :)
It took 15 working days for me but postal address was Sydney only

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's been 2 months since AFP has dispatched the letter. Infact, they sent it thrice and I still didn't receive any :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I applied my AFP check from overseas but it will take ages to reach here at my current address. I was wondering, can I apply again and provide my friend's address in Australia to get the certificate quicker?

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
I applied my AFP check from overseas but it will take ages to reach here at my current address. I was wondering, can I apply again and provide my friend's address in Australia to get the certificate quicker?
You can submit as many applications as you want
You will have to pay the fees again, that’s all
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can submit as many applications as you want
You will have to pay the fees again, that’s all
Cheers
I applied again but hasn't been processed yet as the last one was processed on the vary next day of application. Can I attach my receipt and lodge the application because I will have to apply within 60 days invitation?

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
I applied again but hasn't been processed yet as the last one was processed on the vary next day of application. Can I attach my receipt and lodge the application because I will have to apply within 60 days invitation?
Go ahead and apply
You need not attach the pcc at the time of submitting the application compulsorily
You can upload it as when you get it
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go ahead and apply
You need not attach the pcc at the time of submitting the application compulsorily
You can upload it as when you get it
Cheers
I still have 50 odd days left for invitation expiry. What do you suggest, should I wait little further or go for next step and apply for the visa?
If I apply, will I be able to attach the document (once it is received) after the submission?

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
I still have 50 odd days left for invitation expiry. What do you suggest, should I wait little further or go for next step and apply for the visa?
If I apply, will I be able to attach the document (once it is received) after the submission?
Gone are those days when one should have submitted complete applications to get faster processing
Now it’s better to get in the queue and keep uploading documents as and when you get them
You will be able to attach documents till grant
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gone are those days when one should have submitted complete applications to get faster processing
Now it’s better to get in the queue and keep uploading documents as and when you get them
You will be able to attach documents till grant
Cheers
Thanks for the info.
When I try to push the Next Button at the Documents Checklist page, the following message appears, "NOT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PROVIDED. THE DEPARTMENT STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT ALL EVIDENCE BE PROVIDED BEFORE SUBMITTING TO ASSIST IN PROCESSING THE APPLICATION".
EXPLAIN WHY THE EVIDENCE CANNOT BE PROVIDED AT THIS TIME.

What should I write in the answer box?

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
Thanks for the info.
When I try to push the Next Button at the Documents Checklist page, the following message appears, "NOT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PROVIDED. THE DEPARTMENT STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT ALL EVIDENCE BE PROVIDED BEFORE SUBMITTING TO ASSIST IN PROCESSING THE APPLICATION".
EXPLAIN WHY THE EVIDENCE CANNOT BE PROVIDED AT THIS TIME.

What should I write in the answer box?
Applied for pcc
Simple
Cheers

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
Thanks @NB for the detailed info.
One more query, should I be worried about payslips or bank statements if I have 1 year of overseas experience and not claiming points?
If it has been used towards AQF, there is a rare chance you may be asked for it
Cheers

·
Registered
24,527 Posts
What is AQF? I used it for my skill assessment with vetasses
Australian qualifications framework
I have no idea about Vetassess process
ACS generally deducts 2-4 years of experience towards AQF
Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts