Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Wages - How much for a family of four ?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dolly 
#1 ·
We are looking to move to Australia and my husband is looking to find a sponsored Social Worker job. We are a family of 4...... how much ( wages ) is going to be enough for us to live on ? When looking at jobs/wages we are not sure if some of the wages offered will support us.
Thanks

#3 ·
Hi kcah74,

Have you looked through the 'Cost of living' sticky thread?
There are property links for rentals (and sales) in the 'PLEASE READ....' sticky post.

That will give you an idea of the costs here.

As Weebie said we were surprised that some costs are higher here than in the UK. Depending on where you live housing costs can be lower but most people tend to choose state capitals which are pretty (or very) expensive depending on the state.

Regards,
Karen

#4 ·
It will also depend on where you decide to live.....some areas/States are more expensive to live than others.

Dolly

#5 ·
Thanks for that guys. I appreciate knowledge from people that know. I was hoping that we would need less to live on :(
We are hoping NOT to live in a big city and I do plan on working P/T in addition to hubby working.
Where there is a will there is a way !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.