Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

I've received my positive assessment from WA on 22 January 2012.

Applied to DIAC for Visa through my agent on 27 February 2012, now awaiting for the CO to be allotted.

How long will it take for the CO to be allotted and the Visa grant? If your experience says that WA turnaround time is very short, should I go ahead and apply for PCC and front load the certificate?

Also, is there any Tatkal facility available for getting the PCC? How quickly can I get the PCC done? Does it help if I have a relative in the police department on a very senior position?

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Friends,

I've received my positive assessment from WA on 22 January 2012.

Applied to DIAC for Visa through my agent on 27 February 2012, now awaiting for the CO to be allotted.

How long will it take for the CO to be allotted and the Visa grant? If your experience says that WA turnaround time is very short, should I go ahead and apply for PCC and front load the certificate?

Also, is there any Tatkal facility available for getting the PCC? How quickly can I get the PCC done? Does it help if I have a relative in the police department on a very senior position?

Thanks.
There are threads here that talk about PCC and you will find that if your address hasnt changed PCC can be issued in a matter of hours...at the most it can take a week. If your address has changed then it may be that you will need to go through a police verification again.

And there is no Tatkal for PCC

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are threads here that talk about PCC and you will find that if your address hasnt changed PCC can be issued in a matter of hours...at the most it can take a week. If your address has changed then it may be that you will need to go through a police verification again.

And there is no Tatkal for PCC
Thanks Paradip. I haven't been allotted a CO yet. Am getting my PCC within the next 2-3 days :) Is it advisable to get the Medicals done too?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks Paradip. I haven't been allotted a CO yet. Am getting my PCC within the next 2-3 days :) Is it advisable to get the Medicals done too?

Dear Revenant;

Please be advised that DIAC doesn't recommends to go for PCC/Medicals before formal requisition,but some people do front load.Nonetheless,be advised that both of these will expire so you might be required to redo this all.So you've to decide all by yourself,because you'll receive diverse opinions on this very topic.

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Revenant;

Please be advised that DIAC doesn't recommends to go for PCC/Medicals before formal requisition,but some people do front load.Nonetheless,be advised that both of these will expire so you might be required to redo this all.So you've to decide all by yourself,because you'll receive diverse opinions on this very topic.

Thanks.

Friends,

I'd got my PCC done last week. Got a CO allotted today. Received E-mail from her requesting Meds. Shall provide the same within a week. I'm seeing most of them have received the grant within a week of submitting the Meds & PCC. Hope this holds true in my case too.

Thank you very much,

Revenant.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Friends,

I'd got my PCC done last week. Got a CO allotted today. Received E-mail from her requesting Meds. Shall provide the same within a week. I'm seeing most of them have received the grant within a week of submitting the Meds & PCC. Hope this holds true in my case too.

Thank you very much,

Revenant.
your CO is from which team and did he request for Form80/1221 as well?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Urgent help requested

your CO is from which team and did he request for Form80/1221 as well?
Hi,

I am in the middle of applying a 176 online and am stuck at the experience part.

I have a total of 10 years experience as ICT Business Analyst from 2 companies off which ACS has only approved my current company's tenure (6yrs and 8 mths) in their assessment. The other one (3yrs and 6 mths) was not considered as I had just given an exp/relieving letter with a stat declaration.

The question I have is, when I apply for 176, should I mention 8 plus yrs of experience or should I go by ACS' assessment and limit it to 5 plus yrs? I had stated 8 plus yrs in SS of WA, which got approved today, but they also had confusion due to mismatch in ACS results vs what I am stating and hence it got delayed by a couple of weeks.

Requesting a reply to this on priority as I am confused abt this part.

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi,

I am in the middle of applying a 176 online and am stuck at the experience part.

I have a total of 10 years experience as ICT Business Analyst from 2 companies off which ACS has only approved my current company's tenure (6yrs and 8 mths) in their assessment. The other one (3yrs and 6 mths) was not considered as I had just given an exp/relieving letter with a stat declaration.

The question I have is, when I apply for 176, should I mention 8 plus yrs of experience or should I go by ACS' assessment and limit it to 5 plus yrs? I had stated 8 plus yrs in SS of WA, which got approved today, but they also had confusion due to mismatch in ACS results vs what I am stating and hence it got delayed by a couple of weeks.

Requesting a reply to this on priority as I am confused abt this part.

Regards
Prakash
I am not very sure on this but if you mention 6yr and 8mnts will you be short of 65? If so it might be a problem because in my Victoria SS approval they said they are granting SS based on my occupation code, market research and resume only and no formal assessment is done.

If it is not going to affect your points then better go for 6yr and 8mnths itself to avoid confusion as it will not make any difference in your visa grant if you have 65 or 70!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Friends,

I'm seeing most of them have received the grant within a week of submitting the Meds & PCC. Hope this holds true in my case too.

Thank you very much,

Revenant.
True to some extent...provided all other requirements are fulfilled and there's no need to retake the medicals.....

best luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
dreamaus said:
I am not very sure on this but if you mention 6yr and 8mnts will you be short of 65? If so it might be a problem because in my Victoria SS approval they said they are granting SS based on my occupation code, market research and resume only and no formal assessment is done.

If it is not going to affect your points then better go for 6yr and 8mnths itself to avoid confusion as it will not make any difference in your visa grant if you have 65 or 70!
Hi Dreamaus,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would certainly meet 65 points with the 6 yrs and 8 mths. However, ACS letter clearly mentions my previous co and states not assessed. Hope DIAC won't ask for further details on that if I mention 6 yrs and 8 mths.

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Dreamaus,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would certainly meet 65 points with the 6 yrs and 8 mths. However, ACS letter clearly mentions my previous co and states not assessed. Hope DIAC won't ask for further details on that if I mention 6 yrs and 8 mths.

Regards
Prakash
DIAC will not do any assessment as it is job of ACS but they might be interested in getting experience and employment confirmation letter to make sure that you are working/worked in that company which I think shld be OK for you

so don't panic it will go smooth for you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Dreamaus

My CO is from Team 4. I had already sent my Form 80 duly filled at the time of lodging my application.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.