Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any body suggest me which state (WA or VICTORIA) would be better for a Mechanical Engineer, considering getting a job, sending kid to school, living near CBD etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What is your domain ?
If mining, oil or gas then WA
If manufacturing or others then Victoria.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi guys,

I was asking the same question for months now. As my husband has experience in manufacturing, we wanted to go to VIC, but now British Counsil took the decision for us. Tough luck, we have to apply to WA. I really hope we can find something there.

I searched a lot for this question. Manufacturing capital is Sydney, Melbourne is slightly behind Sydney. There are some paper factories, I saw 4 or 5 around NSW and VIC. Most near Melbourne. Like 30 40 minutes from CBD.

On the other hand, I have 4 5 friends in Perth from different occupations, they are all happy. They say it is good city to grow up your kids. Jobwise... mining and construction only... FIFO jobs...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not that much easy to get the job related to the experiences you gained outside Australia. What i came to know, is that one has to make a fresh start whether in WA or in VIC. Sometimes i feel that i should not move for an uncertain future which is full of struggles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts