Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm getting confused there is so much conflicting information on the internet.

I want to visit the US for around <6months but >90days so I was told VWP on one forum, and then VWP only permits 90days on another.

So, I am wondering a few things, ill just post these as a list:

How long can I visit US for on a VWP for traveling/holiday?
Can I re-enter the US for another 6month period?

Pretty much those 2 questions :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I want to visit the US for around <6months but >90days so I was told VWP on one forum, and then VWP only permits 90days on another.
Then you'd need a B2 visa. But the embassy doesn't like giving them out without good reason, so don't just apply on the off chance you might get one.....because you probably won't.

How long can I visit US for on a VWP for traveling/holiday?
90 days.

Can I re-enter the US for another 6month period?
In what status? You'd need a B2 for such a long stay.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Yes, please remember the following (it's super important). The VWP is 90 DAYS, not 3 MONTHS. It's very important to count correctly (I almost had a Spainish guest/friend overstay by a few short days). If you overstay I think you're banned from coming back to the USA for 3 years (Fatbrit would know for sure).

They also throw you in a "Silence of the Lambs" type pit - the gestapos that run American Immigration don't really like visitors coming here it seems. That was one of the main reasons that the 2016 Oympics didn't go to Chicago - Chicago came out in LAST place - was dropped first and fast.) The Olympic board had many complaints about the complications of visiting the grand old USA as a tourist with fingerprinting/photo taking of all, etc. I (and everybody I know) believes that 6 months - not 3 - should be the norm.

Unfortunately, what we think doesn;t really count cause we just live here and pay a sh*t load in taxes, why on earth should we have a voice or opinion? We're just the tax paying slave workers...... Zoom

PS This is really ALL ABOUT 9/11 and how the Government totally screwed up in that the slackers (Government/Military) were asleep at the wheel and it was a 75% success - that just ticks these guys off to no end. They're so determined it won't happen again that they really don't care what empty "for show" ulpleasant procedures money leaving tourists have to go through to visit here. Too bad most of their methods of prevention are one step behind instead of one step ahead - Smart Boys with Big Ideas !!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
FYI - use official sites only for your research.
Visitor Visas Business and Pleasure

You did not give any information regarding the purpose of your extended trip. As long as it is for recreational purposes and you can produce "binding ties" which show your intent to return such as leases, contracts, property ... you should have no problem obtaining a B-2 Visa. But - if your application is denied you will not be able to use VWP in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts