Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any organisations that need volunteer help in clearing away the devastation left by typhoon Yolanda. Currently cannot work here in Canada as my visa hasn't been granted yet. May as well do something worthwhile and fly over to Philippines and offer my services for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Does anyone know any organisations that need volunteer help in clearing away the devastation left by typhoon Yolanda. Currently cannot work here in Canada as my visa hasn't been granted yet. May as well do something worthwhile and fly over to Philippines and offer my services for a couple of weeks.
Hi Danny,

Sounds like a plan as long as there is a way to get into the area to work. I would suggest that you contact (by phone) the Philippine Red Cross. They would have the best ideas of need and how to jump in.

Best Regards

Jet...

Reactions: cvgtpc1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Manila and my best friend works for WHO here and she says the best way to help is to donate to the Red Cross Philippines, then the money arrives direct and they have the best distribution system here. Im not allowed to write the link but if you are interested, please goodle red cross philippines and you get right.

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
I live in Manila and my best friend works for WHO here and she says the best way to help is to donate to the Red Cross Philippines, then the money arrives direct and they have the best distribution system here. Im not allowed to write the link but if you are interested, please goodle red cross philippines and you get right.
Thanks for the heads-up about donating to the Red Cross Philippines. I just sent them my very small contribution over the internet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a bit of a double edged sword for me, my wife has uncles, aunts and cousins in aboyog in Leyte. So my brother in law was going to come with me to try and find them. As well as help others on the way.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up about donating to the Red Cross Philippines. I just sent them my very small contribution over the internet.
Every bit will help here for sure. Thank you..
Looks like a fair amount aid is finally getting to those that need it. I have a feeling it is going to take a long, long time for life to return to anything that would be considered normal in that area. Incompetence and lack of any real political will means that any real recovery will depend on foreign aid for years to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts