Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've asked before and have had to go abroad as previous experience has shown me that unfortunately there are no opportunities in Dubai for volunteering over the summer period. Does anyone know of something helpful I can do during July/August on a regular basis to help others. Previous attempts have told me ' be on standby, we might call on you to sell plastic slippers at short notice for charity at one point during that time' (!) and 'wait for us to call you, dont go away, but we are not sure if we will need you during those months' ( no call)
Either way wanting to contribute to the emirates has not proved to be helpful despite calling various organisations. I would like to do something n a regular basis if anyone has some radical ideas that I have not extensively investigated over the years?
Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi people,
I'll try The autism centre again and also the ladies place, have tried them before but no response as they seem to be off during the summer months ( worth another go!) Feline friends.... Well have heard bad reports from others who have tried, like being left in charge of everything/everyone for a portion of the day when you are in essence 'helping and are no expert' so bit concerned about that. Love animals but I'm no expert.

Online volunteering has lead me away from the UAE and it is expensive. I pay for the flight ( no issue) then also the placement. The place I go to pays to look after me even though I have paid for it. The family takes in the cost for me but the money that I paid goes to the agency.
Ok I guess you get the idea.
Please any other suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.