Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty finding volunteer opportunities in Barcelona (prob b/c I don't speak a word Spanish and Google translate isn't really your best friend after all) so I'm wondering if any one here knows anything? I'd like to volunteer at a local orphanage -- just playing w the kids or practice English or whatever. I'm sure there are some here, right? Thanks in advance.

Kindly,
Margaret.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
I am sure Simon Harris will be able to help - just PM him.

IAC he is a good contact in BCN and will be able to help you find your feet.

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty finding volunteer opportunities in Barcelona (prob b/c I don't speak a word Spanish and Google translate isn't really your best friend after all) so I'm wondering if any one here knows anything? I'd like to volunteer at a local orphanage -- just playing w the kids or practice English or whatever. I'm sure there are some here, right? Thanks in advance.

Kindly,
Margaret.
You could try in the Red Cross (La Cruz Roja) They usually have volunteer programmes running and they may have programmes involving kids.
If you're religiously inclined there's Caritas a Catholic voluntary organisation. Your good friend (but not your best friend) Google can help you find local addresses although I don't know the Catalan name for them.
Hope you find something:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benvinguts a Creu Roja
English page is under construction. On Spanish page, there are contact details for volunteering.
Thanks everyone. I will look into Red Cross and hopefully get situated somewhere fitting. I did find Caritas actually when I was web browsing but the Spanish / Google translator defeated me... lol -- I shall give it a second go, then! Thanks again.

Kindly,
Margaret.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Just a thought, but have you popped down to your local Ayuntamiento to enquire which ONGs (organizaciones non gubermentales) are running in your area? I know that you can actually do ONG volunteer training online as well. If you enter ONG en Barcelona you can get an overview of those organisations in your area with a map and addresses too.

Best of luck.

Tallulah.x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.