Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have jsut moved to the paphos area, and at a bit of a loss into passing our time during the day, have toured the area and visited most places, a bit bored now, looking for something to pass my day, can anyone suggest any volounteer driving jobs that i could maybe give some of my time to help others

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Hi we have jsut moved to the paphos area, and at a bit of a loss into passing our time during the day, have toured the area and visited most places, a bit bored now, looking for something to pass my day, can anyone suggest any volounteer driving jobs that i could maybe give some of my time to help others
Hi penny,

Have you thought of approaching the charity shops or the animal shelters to see if they need anyone?

Veronica

·
Registered
915 Posts
Apart from voluntary driving jobs, all of the youth organisations eg Scouts, Guides, Cubs & Brownies are always desperate for leaders. Many are on the verge of closing. How about contacting a local group and asking how you could help.

Similarly the animal rescue organisations are always looking for people to help looking after the animals or foster young ones. And its not just the likes of Paphiakos, I believe there is are Turtle Watch and Marine life rescue operating in your area

Cyprus does have the equivalent of Samaritans too... I don't know what its called but I have seen an advert in a paper somewhere.....

How about taking up a new hobby or sport? Offer your services to the local Tourist Info office, maybe start a free tour of an interesting feaure in your area? Alternatively, maybe offer your services to the local UKCA club and run a new class or activity?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.