Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another one for the TV diary. To be broadcast at 9pm Channel 5,
on Tuesday 16th June called - Viva Espana, OAPs Behaving Badly.

What's it abput:

Documentary series about British OAPs determined to grow old disgracefully. Spain is a popular retreat for elderly ex-pats, including 68-year-old millionaire John who is drinking his way through an extravagant wine cellar and entertaining guests with his young girlfriend. Sixty-somethings Cazza and Val live the vida loca in Benidorm, while listening to English language radio station Pure Gold FM, hosted by OAP DJs Susie and Barry.

Viva Espana - OAPs Behaving Badly - Channel 5

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Drink

Thank you. I do my best;)
I often wonder if the retired Germans, Dutch, Russians and whoever get the barrage of programmes on their drinking in foreign fields, as the Brits seem to get. Also of course the weekly counting of units in the daily press.
I also saw on the tele the other night the alcalde of Magaluf explaining the latest measures and then the cameras switched to a bunch of youngsters out of their minds, so perhaps those programmes will have died out in fifty year's time.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
I often wonder if the retired Germans, Dutch, Russians and whoever get the barrage of programmes on their drinking in foreign fields, as the Brits seem to get. Also of course the weekly counting of units in the daily press.
I also saw on the tele the other night the alcalde of Magaluf explaining the latest measures and then the cameras switched to a bunch of youngsters out of their minds, so perhaps those programmes will have died out in fifty year's time.
Russians can drink most other nationalities under the table. I was in Leningrad as it then was during Gorbachev's ban on alcohol sales. Every person we spoke to reeked of spirits.
Anything that contained alcohol was being drunk, from aftershave to cough medicine.
There wasn't much else to do then and drinking vodka in large quantities seems to be a source of national pride.
I've not visited Russia for some time now but from what I've heard nothing's changed.

Ah well....out to have dinner with friends, get rat-arsed, pee in the street, shoutobscenities in several European languages so as to offend as many people as possible, abuse a few policia local.....see me on Channel 5:D:D

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Russians can drink most other nationalities under the table. I was in Leningrad as it then was during Gorbachev's ban on alcohol sales. Every person we spoke to reeked of spirits.
Anything that contained alcohol was being drunk, from aftershave to cough medicine.
There wasn't much else to do then and drinking vodka in large quantities seems to be a source of national pride.
I've not visited Russia for some time now but from what I've heard nothing's changed.

Ah well....out to have dinner with friends, get rat-arsed, pee in the street, shout obscenities in several European languages so as to offend as many people as possible, abuse a few policia local.....see me on Channel 5:D:D

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
I've noticed that people who are pissed tend to repeat themselves...
:D:D:D:D

Well, I didn't spend the night in the women's section of Alhaurin Prison and my behaviour didn't qualify me for Channel 5 (Just a thought: what is the point of Channel 5? Or BBC 3 come to that...)
But I did ask TT Sandra to drive us home.
Tbh I'm more concerned about my waistline than my reputation at the moment.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Ah well....out to have dinner with friends, get rat-arsed, pee in the street, shout obscenities in several European languages so as to offend as many people as possible, abuse a few policia local.....see me on Channel 5:D:D
Yes - the programs on tonight - Channel 5 at 9pm ( UK time ) or 10pm in Spain, love
to read the reviews later on the forum.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Stunned. But then - each to their own! I wouldn't like to live their lifestyle and they probably wouldn't like to live mine. Was it bad behaviour or just having fun - I am not sure - but I will watch again next week if I have time.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Stunned. But then - each to their own! I wouldn't like to live their lifestyle and they probably wouldn't like to live mine. Was it bad behaviour or just having fun - I am not sure - but I will watch again next week if I have time.
Didn't watch it(my brain was still awake). Watched a documentary about Napoleon on BBC 2 instead. He behaved badly albeit not British and not an OAP. Killed a lot of people, trashed places....We provoked him, though. Nowadays he would probably get an ASBO.
I learned something too. When he and Josephine fell out, he had the door to their previously communicating bedrooms bricked up. Grounds for divorce there, methinks...
If I'd watched that programme about OAPS instead, would I have been so entertained and enlightened..???

Probably not.....

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Didn't watch it(my brain was still awake). Watched a documentary about Napoleon on BBC 2 instead. He behaved badly albeit not British and not an OAP. Killed a lot of people, trashed places....We provoked him, though. Nowadays he would probably get an ASBO.
I learned something too. When he and Josephine fell out, he had the door to their previously communicating bedrooms bricked up. Grounds for divorce there, methinks...
If I'd watched that programme about OAPS instead, would I have been so entertained and enlightened..???

Probably not.....
Go on admit it ... you were in it weren't you?:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts