Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am a recent expat from the US, living in Paris. I am an au pair for the year. I was reading up on the OFII medical exam and I know I'm going to fail the vision test. I am visually impaired but I have very functional sight, and really only have trouble when I'm reading street signs. I have worked as a nanny in NYC for five years and have had no issues with my vision affecting my work. However, even with glasses at best I'll get 6/99 (20/100) Will I be deported? Or will letters from my optometrist in the US suffice? I'm not looking for additional medical care, I just want to live and work in France, and I'm very good at my job.

Thanks for any help!
J

·
Administrator
50,414 Posts
The OFII medical exam isn't really a screening exam in that sense. They appear to be simply gathering information (for the sécu? who knows?) but there isn't a pass or fail for the exam. If you're found to have something (other than maybe tuberculosis) what they are most likely to do is to counsel you earnestly to see the appropriate doctor in France and make sure you're following the French-approved treatment for whatever it is.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts