Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am an american citizen currently on a visitors visa in britain, I was wondering if I could apply for university while on a visitors visa, or would I have to leave and apply from abroad? I believe I would be applying for a Tier 4 General visa. Also on a student visa would I be able to work part time, or would it be simply for studying? From my research it looks like it is possible, but there doesn't seem to be much on the "how", probably because most people planning on attending a university abroad don't travel until being accepted to the university, so any further information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
You can't switch from a visitor's visa to any other visa while in the UK. You must apply from you usual place of residence. You. An work 20 hours/week while on a student visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't switch from a visitor's visa to any other visa while in the UK. You must apply from you usual place of residence. You. An work 20 hours/week while on a student visa.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Can I apply at the university while on a visitors visa, or do I have to leave to even apply?

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Ok, thanks for the reply. Can I apply at the university while on a visitors visa, or do I have to leave to even apply?
You can certainly apply but you do so from your home address in US. So the only difference is your letter of or online application originates from UK, but you enter your US address as home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.