Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can my wife who is 17 years old ( 18 really but mistake in her dob ) who lives in pakistan as a houselady apply for a visitor visa. till she turns 18 i can not apply for her spouse visa. till then is it possible to apply for a visitor visa?

·
Registered
179 Posts
She will need to prove that she has strong reason to go back to Pakistan. She will need evidence of either job ( which in her case not applicable as she is not employed ) she ownes her home etc mortgage payment. if she has doesn't have strong reasons to go back to Pakistan after her UK visit, I wouldn't inform you to apply for that visa.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She will need to prove that she has strong reason to go back to Pakistan. She will need evidence of either job ( which in her case not applicable as she is not employed ) she ownes her home etc mortgage payment. if she has doesn't have strong reasons to go back to Pakistan after her UK visit, I wouldn't inform you to apply for that visa.
as my situation turned out very unexpected i went to pakistan in this june for 3 weeks and planning to go again in november but i want my wife to visit me as i want to make the payslips strong i.e do more overtime. she will be turning 18 in 10 months so waiting that long depresses me and the new way of applying for A spouse visa in pakistan worries me as i dont think my wife or in laws can operate a computer to fill out the online application or print it. thank you for your reply.

is it not worth a try to apply for her visit visa

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can tell you know that there is a high chance of her visit visa application being rejected. Sorry to tell you but it is best if you save that money towards your spouse visa. I know it is not ideal but you can skype or facetime each other in the meantime.
Also remember that the English test taken before April 2015 is valid only upto November 2015. She might need to take another English test. Check this as well.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can tell you know that there is a high chance of her visit visa application being rejected. Sorry to tell you but it is best if you save that money towards your spouse visa. I know it is not ideal but you can skype or facetime each other in the meantime.
Also remember that the English test taken before April 2015 is valid only upto November 2015. She might need to take another English test. Check this as well.
thank you for your reply really do appreciate it. i really miss my wife and i wish i was with her right now but i need to stay and work. after 6th july how they submit the case will be different in pakistan do you know what things the applicant has to send to the sponser? is it just online app and bio metrics reciept. if my wife has a baby how do i apply for the baby? what documents do i need for the baby?
thank you

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ok this is getting confusing. If your wife is pregnant then you must declare it. Read through some of the thread post on this site to find some answers to your questions. It seems like you are jumping from one thing to another. Yes it is hard being apart and we all understand or are goibg through similar feelings. Persevere.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Delete post.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Considering your wife has no ties to Pakistan except for her family, I doubt she stands any chance of getting a visit visa. Another big reason for refusal can be her coming to the UK to be with her husband. The ECO will most probably think she won't return back and refuse her entry.

Even if she is or does get pregnant whilst in Pakistan, it'll have no impact on her chances of getting the visa.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you do apply for a visit visa and it gets rejected it can affect future visa applications.

But why can't you wait 10 months?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10 months is a very long time i was in the process of applying this aprilgone but found out my wife dob was wrong and we could not change it so i have to wait 10 months till my wife turns 18. i live on my own and i miss my wife alot. i want my wife with me so i was hoping to apply for a visitor visa for her but i am going to visit her in 4 months ( In sha Allah ). i looked on here it doesnt mention that i need to mention my wife is pregnant by application date she might have had the baby.

·
Registered
579 Posts
10 months is a very long time i was in the process of applying this aprilgone but found out my wife dob was wrong and we could not change it so i have to wait 10 months till my wife turns 18. i live on my own and i miss my wife alot. i want my wife with me so i was hoping to apply for a visitor visa for her but i am going to visit her in 4 months ( In sha Allah ). i looked on here it doesnt mention that i need to mention my wife is pregnant by application date she might have had the baby.
Were you not living on your own before you got married?

Why don't you move in with family or ask someone to stay with you?

If you ho Pakistan in November, won't it affect your 6 months payslips?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was living with family then i got my own place in preparation for marriage. i cant move in with family got some problems. no payslips will be fine as i earn enough just w8ing for my wife to turn 18 then i can apply for her visa. i was wondering if financial requirements would change due to wife having a baby?

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
But in asad's case the financial requirement will increase. His wife is non eu and child if born in Pakistan will require additional funds.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
not sure but we have been trying for a baby
Dear god........ not even 18 until 10 months time, newly married, not eligible for a spouse visa yet to be with husband and already trying for a child

Whatever happened to being prepared and having your life in place before bringing another child into the world.

Hope this OP is a troll.........

(ready to be flamed....)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am british so shouldnt my child get right of abode/certificate of entitlement? i read a few place where it is says i could apply for roa for the child. they do not require a visa as they are already britsh due to the father. so if the children do not need a visa i only need to mention my wife? if i mention the child is british does the financial requirement increase?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my wife is 19 years old but on her birth certificate they put the wrong date as they just guessed it. back then they was not into recording birth dates. im 23 years old and i dont believe in starting a family late so i want to have a child as well as my wife. Crawford that isnt very nice what you said please keep negative comments to your self. i came online to find help not for negativity

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.