Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Please me. I am planning to apply for visitors visa. Can i apply now and ask for visa to commence in august. Like i want to travel in August. And can anyone suggest how not to get "no further stay" clause. I can show 20 lakhs in deposits and property worth 2 crore in joint name with my family and a stable job. Will this help my case

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi guys. Please me. I am planning to apply for visitors visa. Can i apply now and ask for visa to commence in august. Like i want to travel in August. And can anyone suggest how not to get "no further stay" clause. I can show 20 lakhs in deposits and property worth 2 crore in joint name with my family and a stable job. Will this help my case

All the people from high risk nation have a "no further stay" clause attached to the visa there is no escaping from that. I have seen few people going to new zeland, not sure how they are doing that but with another processing visa you need to be back .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the people from high risk nation have a "no further stay" clause attached to the visa there is no escaping from that. I have seen few people going to new zeland, not sure how they are doing that but with another processing visa you need to be back .
I am planning to get married on visitor visa. And come back and apply for spouse visa. I believe if no further stay is not applicable i can apply for bridging visa

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am planning to get married on visitor visa. And come back and apply for spouse visa. I believe if no further stay is not applicable i can apply for bridging visa

Are you planning to apply for offshore spouse. If yes then you need to be outside during the visa grant, there is no concept of bridging between tourist visa and spouse visa.
Best solution i can think in your case is apply for offshore go as a tourist visa after three months head to newzeland for a vacation and come back to oz. During the grant period get back to India and wait for the grant.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you planning to apply for offshore spouse. If yes then you need to be outside during the visa grant, there is no concept of bridging between tourist visa and spouse visa. Best solution i can think in your case is apply for offshore go as a tourist visa after three months head to newzeland for a vacation and come back to oz. During the grant period get back to India and wait for the grant.
I am planning to get married while on visitors visa. Thats the reason i was asking if it is possible to get a visitor visa without no further stay

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am planning to get married while on visitors visa. Thats the reason i was asking if it is possible to get a visitor visa without no further stay

Yes got your intentions, Unfortunately thats the reason why they have imposed "No Further Stay" on visitor visa for all those coming from high risk nation so that they cant apply for spouse while they are in oz.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It's highly unlikely you can get a visitor visa without a No Further Stay condition as these are put on specifically to prevent people from coming and simply applying for an on-shore visa. You'll need to leave after you marry and apply for a 309 visa. You cannot apply for a bridging visa, these are only given when you apply for an on-shore visa.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Will there be any lesser processing time for marriages performed in Australia. And what documents should I carry back to India to apply for Visa

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok. Will there be any lesser processing time for marriages performed in Australia. And what documents should I carry back to India to apply for Visa

Standard processing time for India is 12 months irrespective of the place you have got married for 309 spouse visa.

My advice is to apply paper based application via vfs, some applicants have been lucky and have got there application processed within 6 months by this way.

More info about docs
http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1127.pdf

Doc checklist
Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) document checklist

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Standard processing time for India is 12 months irrespective of the place you have got married for 309 spouse visa. My advice is to apply paper based application via vfs, some applicants have been lucky and have got there application processed within 6 months by this way. More info about docs http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1127.pdf Doc checklist Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) document checklist
Thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts