Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Visitor visa subclass 600

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Struggle12 
#1 ·
Hi Guys ,

Need some advise on visitor visa 600 .

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents this month and will be requesting for less than 3 months , assuming so no need to do the medical .

Based on the SLA provided with in 3 weeks visa will be granted , once the visa is granted do you know with in how many weeks they need to travel to Australia .

Thanks in advance .

#2 ·
The visa which will be issued will have a validity period
It should most probably be valid for a year from the date of issue , but can be different also.
I was given a 2 year validity when I applied for a short holiday visa

They will have to travel to Australia within that validity period

Cheers

#3 ·
Thanks Mate .

When short visa has the validity of 2 years . During the validity period of this short term visa can they apply for a visitor visa with the maximum stay of one year from off shore .
Basically my question is can they apply for another visitor visa when already a visitor visa in place :)

#6 ·
Hi Friends,

Could someone advise how long does it take to get the name corrected once the visitor visa is granted. My wife got visitor visa but her name is misspelled in the letter and VEVO.
So need to know what needs to be done now and how long does it take to get that corrected.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Gaurav

#7 ·
Was it your fault or the departments ?

Cheers

#11 ·
Hi Friends,

I'm yet to make my initial entry into AU to activate my PR. However, I'm trying to initiate a visitor visa application for my Mom, so that ,if approved, I can take her with me when I visit AU.

I need your valuable input on whether or not I should start her visitor visa process now or Should I wait to make a permanent move to AU and then initiate her Visa?

I want to show that I'm financially supporting her (today, as Im in the US), but she would travel to AU all by herself. Please share your inputs and personal experience if any.

#12 ·
Visitor visa subclass 600 queries

Hi,
Need help for visitor 600 visa.my queries are:
1.mothers surname mistake was there on her national id that's why same surname mistake is on her passport as well.so now the case is my passport and her passport is having different surname.
2.I am on pr and currently sharing room so I don't have lease on my name so what else I can provide as an address proof.
3. For relationship document what document i can attach.can help
affadivate ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.