Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am a permanent resident in Australia since 2014.

Can I sponsor both my brother (35 years old) and my mom (70 years old) together to visit me in Australia on a visitor visa subclass 600?

Or am I allowed to sponsor only one of them?

I did not really understand the details about 'family unit' that are mentioned in the visa guidelines

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello ,

How much time does it take for visitor visa 600 to be processed. I am applying under family sponsored visa. I plan to bring my family in december

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi there,

I am a permanent resident in Australia since 2014.

Can I sponsor both my brother (35 years old) and my mom (70 years old) together to visit me in Australia on a visitor visa subclass 600?

Or am I allowed to sponsor only one of them?

I did not really understand the details about 'family unit' that are mentioned in the visa guidelines

Thanks in advance for your help
You cannot sponsor more than one person if you are talking about being a family sponsor for a visitor. Also you would need deposit a bond of AUD 5000 minimum when you sponsor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my brother for the visitor visa 600. While filling the Form 1149 I noticed that it is required to prove my relationship with the person I am sponsoring. What document could I possibly submit to prove my relationship with my sibling?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my brother for the visitor visa 600. While filling the Form 1149 I noticed that it is required to prove my relationship with the person I am sponsoring. What document could I possibly submit to prove my relationship with my sibling?
If you share the same parents --> your birth certificate with parents name stated, your siblings birth certificate with parents name stated.

Use same logic for step-siblings. Not too sure about adopted siblings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you share the same parents --> your birth certificate with parents name stated, your siblings birth certificate with parents name stated.

Use same logic for step-siblings. Not too sure about adopted siblings.
Actually it turns out that my birth certificate is in a regional language. So I doubt if it could be verified that we share the same parents if his certicate is in English. I don't think I have enough time to get my certificate in English. Would Passport do? Considering our parents' names are given there as well!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Actually it turns out that my birth certificate is in a regional language. So I doubt if it could be verified that we share the same parents if his certicate is in English. I don't think I have enough time to get my certificate in English. Would Passport do? Considering our parents' names are given there as well!
If they're given there as well then sure I don't see why not! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If they're given there as well then sure I don't see why not! :)

I want to apply visitor visa for my brother , sister in law and nephew. I am on partner visa and my wife is permanent resident. Can any of us sponsor them. ?? In which stream we have to apply ?? In sponsored family stream can my wife sponsor them ???
Can I use my wife immi account to apply online ?? And which documents we need from Australia side ??
Sorry to ask many questions. Please help someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just applied for a prospective partner visa as my fiancee is a PR in Australia. At present the processing time for Prospective Partner Visa is 18 months. Would it be possible to apply for a longer term visitor visa (with one year stay) to join my partner in Australia? What form shall I use for this purpose 1418 or 1419?

Thanks for your help.
-NS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts